Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have paired my S3 to the car and it works fine for phone calls but when I try to listen to music through bluetooth there is an annoying static. if i connect my phone through aux the music plays fine
I also tried playing music through an iphone over bluetooth and it worked fine as well
are there any settings that I need to change on the phone or the car to get rid of this problem?
thanks

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Can you provide some details on the phone? ROM, custom or stock. Rooted? Kernel?

The BT stack is controlled through kernel drivers and you may be running one that doesn't like the Sonata BT chip.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Try turning off WiFi. I had an issue with a previous phone and that fixed it. Bluetooth and older 2.5ghz WiFi use the same frequencies. They are supposed to co-exist, but who knows. I theorized that while driving around the WiFi was bombarded with every passing router, driving it bonkers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for replying
my phone is from t-mobile and it isn't rooted or anything I am just using the regular firmware
kernel version is 3.0.31-1128078
the bluetooth is working fine when i make calls and the problem only appears when I try to listen to music from the phone and I usually turn off wi-fi to save on battery
I hope I can find a solution because that's really annoying not being able to listen to music through bluetooth
thanks for your help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey man, I have the same issue. I tried running an aux cable for audio but then it didn't want to stream bluetooth for calls. Pretty obnoxious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I do now is I unselected the Media Audio setting from the bluetooth setup menu and connected the phone through Aux.
this way I able to receive call through bluetooth and listen to music but I like to listen to music without connecting the aux

1 - 6 of 6 Posts