Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking all over the internet and can not seem to find a straight answer. Can the GFG4 engine be put into the 94 scoupe? if so, how much will need to be done? The specs for the GFG4 are The G4GF (also called the 2.0 D) is the 2.0L (1975cc) version. It shares the larger 82 mm bore of the 1.8 but is stroked to 93.5 mm. It has a cast iron engine block and aluminum DOHC cylinder heads. It uses MFI fuel injection, has 4 valves per cylinder and features forged steel connecting rods. Output is 140 hp (102 kW) at 6000 rpm and 133 foot-pounds force (180 N·m) of torque (180 N·m) at 4800 rpm. Thank You.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have limited to no personal exp of this swap but the g4gf from what i gather is a beta 2 engine which mean nothings will be bolt on or plug and play.
there is more info on the hyundai performance forum on this subjuct! but i do know if i was to do a full conversion ie engine mounts gearbox mounts, gearlinkage hubs drive shafts full wiring loom i would def be swapping for something with more power in the first place. do a evo 3 or 1800gsr swap running fwd now that would be worth doing!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts