Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started getting quotes on a Santa Fe GLS purchase this week and today my quotes just got much better. :D

According to the sales GM of the dealer I will likely be purchasing from, Hyundai came out with two new Santa Fe incentives today that I believe are good until the end of the month:

1. A $750 Competitive Owner coupon

2. A $1000 incentive for financing through Hyundai Motor Credit @ 3.49%. According to the GM, you can pay off/refinance this rate after 90 days with no penalty (say, with the 1.99% rate currently available at Penfed if still offered).

Combined with the $500 Motozuma deal, that's pretty good savings if you are looking to buy now. With any luck, I'll have a deal hammered out today.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I started getting quotes on a Santa Fe GLS purchase this week and today my quotes just got much better. :D

According to the sales GM of the dealer I will likely be purchasing from, Hyundai came out with two new Santa Fe incentives today that I believe are good until the end of the month:

1. A $750 Competitive Owner coupon

2. A $1000 incentive for financing through Hyundai Motor Credit @ 3.49%. According to the GM, you can pay off/refinance this rate after 90 days with no penalty (say, with the 1.99% rate currently available at Penfed if still offered).

Combined with the $500 Motozuma deal, that's pretty good savings if you are looking to buy now. With any luck, I'll have a deal hammered out today.
Actually, as soon as the deal is booked with Hyundai Motor Credit it can be paid off. The 1.9% rate is quite good. Personally I wouldn't delay.

This comes up frequently with older all cash buyers. They feel they are being penalized for paying cash. The obvious answer is to wait for it to be booked and pay it off. But a significant number will retain the financing so Hyundai isn't losing any money to speak of.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, as soon as the deal is booked with Hyundai Motor Credit it can be paid off. The 1.9% rate is quite good. Personally I wouldn't delay.

This comes up frequently with older all cash buyers. They feel they are being penalized for paying cash. The obvious answer is to wait for it to be booked and pay it off. But a significant number will retain the financing so Hyundai isn't losing any money to speak of.
Yeah, I ended up doing my deal tonight and there was no 90 day wait on the financing contract I signed. I'm guessing the GM recommended the wait so the title would get settled before making changes. That being said, even paying @ 3.49% for 90 days isn't bad when it saves you $1k.

I should note that only one dealer mentioned these new incentives when my quotes started to get more aggressive today. One told me there was a $500 inventive for financing with Hyundai, but I'm wondering if they were looking to pad their profit with the other $500.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, it has been brought to my attention that these incentives may be regional. If it helps, they were offered to me by a dealer in Rhode Island.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Yeah, I ended up doing my deal tonight and there was no 90 day wait on the financing contract I signed. I'm guessing the GM recommended the wait so the title would get settled before making changes. That being said, even paying @ 3.49% for 90 days isn't bad when it saves you $1k.

I should note that only one dealer mentioned these new incentives when my quotes started to get more aggressive today. One told me there was a $500 inventive for financing with Hyundai, but I'm wondering if they were looking to pad their profit with the other $500.
I'm reasonably certain because I investigated this closely. The 90 day deal has to do with the incentives that the dealer will get if you wait for the 90 days to elapse. Supposedly if you pay it off previous to that they won't but it won't have any effect on the incentive so far as you are concerned either way. Just wait until it is booked and a call to Hyundai Financing should clear the air.

The downside of waiting is that any refinancing might result in higher percentage rates in the meantime. The Fed has been making noise for sometime about raising the interest rates. Already the home mortgage rates are up a full percentage point. One could reasonably expect that car loans and other loans will follow suit.

Incentives in fact can be regional. If you check Edmunds and other sites they will ask for your zip code before giving you the information. I see about $1,750 available in rebates from where I sit according to Edmunds.

http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/santa-fe/2013/car-incentives.html

When I purchased my 2013 Santa Fe in 8/12, it had just rolled off the truck. There wee $0 rebates but the sales tax was paid.

I have heard as much as $3,500 in rebates may be coming down the pike but that may be bad information. At this point the Santa Fe seems to be selling fairly well so far as I can see. So that may not happen.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My dealer gave us 3.49% financing on the Santa Fe which we thought was through Hyundai--WRONG, got the statement a few days ago and it was financed through Bank of America. Bank of America is in fact, no friend of America, so we took advantage of the 1.99% rate at Penfed to go with our other auto loan.

We got the $750 loyalty discount--that was the only incentive we received on the Santa Fe. There were greater discounts when my daughter bought her Elantra earlier this summer.

Brad

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm reasonably certain because I investigated this closely. The 90 day deal has to do with the incentives that the dealer will get if you wait for the 90 days to elapse. Supposedly if you pay it off previous to that they won't but it won't have any effect on the incentive so far as you are concerned either way. Just wait until it is booked and a call to Hyundai Financing should clear the air.
Yes, I was able to confirm that with a contact I have at another dealership. I was told the dealer doesn't get their commission if the loan isn't held for 90 days, but it doesn't make a difference to the car buyer.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FYI, I heard from a contact at a different dealer that the GSM who told me about these incentives may have messed up. If this new info is correct, it would appear that these new $750 Competitive Owner coupon and $1000 financing incentives are for the Santa Fe Sport only, and not the LWB models. It true, that's quite a screwup. I'm trying to confirm this now.

·
Registered
756 Posts
My quote on GLS just got better. The dealer applied $500 cash bonus which I did not expect... maybe Labor Day discounts... and $750 Hyundai owner loyalty.
I am going to pick it up...

I will let you know the price breakdown once I have it in my garage ;-)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My quote on GLS just got better. The dealer applied $500 cash bonus which I did not expect... maybe Labor Day discounts... and $750 Hyundai owner loyalty.

I heard from one local dealer that from Wed 8/28 until Tue 9/3 you get $500 for financing a Santa Fe LWB with Hyundai Motor Finance. The $1000 incentive is for the Santa Fe Sport.

Good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes, I was able to confirm that with a contact I have at another dealership. I was told the dealer doesn't get their commission if the loan isn't held for 90 days, but it doesn't make a difference to the car buyer.
Wow, my finance person at the dealership is going to be very upset with me. That's okay--she can take a place in line. In the span of two years I have "ticked" off one manager, one salesperson, one finance guy, and one other dealer. My record remains perfect.

The reason is: because I returned a Mazda CX-5 from the same Hyundai dealer when they were combined with Mazda, which they had to trade for with another dealer. The Hyundai Auto Nation dealership had a 3-day return policy which they still have in place.

They even offered me a free upgrade to navigation if I kept the car--I did not even flinch and said, "no thank you!"

·
Registered
418 Posts

Happy shopping--that is a nice car.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, my finance person at the dealership is going to be very upset with me. That's okay--she can take a place in line. In the span of two years I have "ticked" off one manager, one salesperson, one finance guy, and one other dealer. My record remains perfect.
That's to be expected, since they are professional negotiators trying to get every penny out of you any way they can. I'm pretty sure Obi-Wan Kenobi was really talking about a car dealer when he said "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy". ;)

I'm going through the process now and negotiating a price via email has been pretty painless. The finance guy was pretty typical though, trying to sell me on the extended warranty by implying that the car was a piece of junk that would require expensive repairs. He tried to bury the warranty cost in the financing using a different rate and loan term and wouldn't tell me how what the actual price of it was after I asked twice. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to let my guard down until I take delivery on (hopefully) Tuesday and have the thing sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just got the AWD GLS + Tech&Leath: mrsp 36,560.
They applied $500 for financing and $750 Hyundai owner discounts.
More negotiation and dealer discount made the price $33,680.
Including taxes and fees, price OTD $35,770.
:)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got the AWD GLS + Tech&Leath: mrsp 36,560.
They applied $500 for financing and $750 Hyundai owner discounts.
More negotiation and dealer discount made the price $33,680.
Including taxes and fees, price OTD $35,770.
:)
I'm basically in the process of buying the same thing. :) What color did you get?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I would have chosen Mineral Gray for certain, but that color is not offered in the LWB Santa Fe--a little disappointing.

Brad

·
Registered
756 Posts
Ah, that was one of our top choices. It's looking like we're going to end up with the Frosted Mocha/Beige though.
The wife and I really love that red. Most people don't like it on a car, that 's good for buying. Selling will be a different story...

I had to drive (with pleasure) 350 miles to bring it home. I wish you better luck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts