Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what type/size of fuses are needed for my 2013 Tucson? not sure if it is the ATC micro or ATM mini
I do realise this information is probably in my manual, however i don't have that to hand right now

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Anyone know what type/size of fuses are needed for my 2013 Tucson? not sure if it is the ATC micro or ATM mini
I do realise this information is probably in my manual, however i don't have that to hand right now
Pull 1 out and look at it..

·
Registered
17 Posts
You should have some spare fuses in the fuse panel under the hood by the battery. I had to swap out a 10a for a 20a micro fuse for my airhorn. If you need fuses, go to a junkyard and pull 100 of them.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You should have some spare fuses in the fuse panel under the hood by the battery. I had to swap out a 10a for a 20a micro fuse for my airhorn. If you need fuses, go to a junkyard and pull 100 of them.
Not a good practice to use a higher rated fuse than specified.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went the relay route and replaced the fuse with the 10a. Before I did that, I put on ear protection and had my 5 year old cousin press the horn for approx. 25 seconds (much longer than I would ever need to use a horn) while I clutched various wires. Nothing got warm. The gauge of wire connected to the horn is pretty thick for feeding the stock horn. The issue with the 10a fuse is because of the compressor temporarily sucks too much power to get started and that initial jolt reaches up to approx. 13.5a then drops back down to about 8a when paired with the stock horn.

My conclusion is it depends on the vehicle. Some electrical wiring systems on older vehicles run brake lights on the same as the horn in the fuse box. i could see a fire going down in a situation like that when installing an airhorn the "ghetto" way I did. For the Tucson, I deem it safe for I used my horn a few times a week for a year without any trouble.

It's done correctly now though. I needed to do it right anyways. I also mounted an ABC rated fire extinguisher in my ix35 as well... never know when you gotta use one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts