Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Not a huge deal, but I'm finding out with this car Koreans are weirder than I thought :grin: .

-MPG reset itself after every refuel, rather than by the owner, or a certain mileage (most cars go to 999). Furthermore, it should allow MPG with EACH trip meter, like most cars.
-Once engine is running, you get NO warning if a door is open. I opened my door while driving and NOTHING. No biggie to me, but could be even dangerous to some.
-A/C light doesn't light up in some instances (like on 'auto', and even when you hit other buttons), but compressor is running. Weird.
-no way to deactivate DRLs, and they (along with headlights) have no fuses.

Mostly stuff you can get used to.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have not owned a car nor rented one that had a switch for the DRLs. Maybe once a long time ago a GM car might have had the ability to turn them off but nothing lately. I would imagine that defeating the DRLs is something the manufacturers are frowning upon unless they are hoping to put out a police version where you would want no lights so you could lurk behind a bush and surprise someone who was speeding.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (Bingo Steve @ May 24 2010, 01:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325709
I have not owned a car nor rented one that had a switch for the DRLs.
I can turn them on and off on my BMW myself, as well as other cars. Lexus and Toyotas can be disabled by the dealer. All others (Honda, Acura, etc) have a fuse that you simply pull out. This is the first car that doesn't have even a fuse. Not a big deal, but DRLs are not a mandated feature, so should be a way to disable them IMO. I like them on my M3, but hate DRLs that use the high-beam bulbs, like this car, that's all. Take care.

·
1,914 Posts
I don't much care for DRL's, but they actually look pretty good on the car. Hopefully, they don't burn out quickly. On most of the modern GM cars, you can shut the DRL's off by switching the knob to the left. Even the grand am's had, I believe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.