Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I use my '04 SF 3.5 2WD Auto in Florida for only 2 periods of 3 month each occasion.
I have been recommended to switch to full synthetic engine oil.
Is this advisable, the vehicle does about 5k miles annually and is stored in a garage that is not A/C controlled.
How often should I change / replace the oil and filter for this limited use.
BTW, I love my Santa Fe

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I ran my old '04 on full synthetic for 100,000 miles (switched at 50k) and never had a problem. You should be fine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help guys.

With my usage and generally short trips of 10mls or so how often should I change the oil and filter.
Also can I expect Walmart being my nearest shop to do a good job.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
QUOTE (quintain @ Sep 26 2010, 11:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358879
Thanks for your help guys.

With my usage and generally short trips of 10mls or so how often should I change the oil and filter.
Also can I expect Walmart being my nearest shop to do a good job.
Your owners manual say every 7.5K or 6 months, so I'd stick with that to maintain the warranty, that's if you're the original owner. If not, then I wouldn't worry too much as synthetic will last 10 or 15k with no problems.

I find Walmart does really good work at a cheap price, so I think that's a good choice.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
QUOTE (jsinton @ Sep 26 2010, 02:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358922
... as synthetic will last 10 or 15k with no problems.
If I go more than 6,000 miles between oil changes using either mineral base or synthetic base oil, I notice an obvious improvement in performance when I change the oil and filter. For that reason, I will not go beyond the 6,000 mile point. If possible, I'll change around the 5,000 mile point or soon beyond that.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I wouldn't trust WalMart to rotate my tire valve stem caps. It's very easy to change the oil on the Santa Fe so if you're physically fit, I'd suggest doing it yourself. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Andrew said: "No Navigation...I rock it old school"

Me too. My navi is two dimensional and stays on the back seat. Has Rand-McNally on it. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts