Hyundai Forums banner

fueling up beside a ferrari today

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Voivod 
#1 ·
hey guys today i was at the gas station fueling up when i could not beleive my eyes when a red ferrarri roled up on the other side of the pump where i was. i had some questions about his car so i stired up some chit chat like what year was it he said it was a 89 gts asked how much would one like hes be worth he said well over 100.000 thous how expensive for parts he said expensive he said he got his clutch done it was a few thousand to do. he said so if you cant aford one dont buy one. its was something i dont see everyday pull up for gas so guy was very nice enough to chat with me not snoby like many i have encountered.

#2 ·
Cool... (y) Ferrari's in general are overinflated to own for the average guy, sounds like the owner guy paid a bit too much. i have heard of people with high end cars buying a clutch kit online from gte engineering.com from anyware $1.500 - $1.700 bucks that's using the latest & greatest Kevlar friction material VS ferraris organic oem clutch.
www.pegaclutch.com

#4 ·
I worked nights at a gas station in Westport CT. My boss loved me and I had permission from one of the mechanics to raid his toolbox. I'd call my boss and have him leave the bays unlocked so I could work on my car. The place would be dead from 11:30-12:00 to 5:00am so I'd hit the work order rack and anything interesting that didn't need brakes or tranny work I'd nab the keys and go blitzing around the block a couple times. One night I came blasting into the lot in a 911 and there was a Ferrari at the pump. I pulled up across from him sat for a couple minutes then yelled "He's probably drunk and barfing in the bathroom." Then I took off, drove around for a few and when I got back he was gone. Yay.
Best thing I drove from there weirdly enough was a 70s Jeep CJ with a 350 Chevy under the hood. Middle of a blizzard and I was out in the middle of the intersection in 6 inches of snow doing insane donuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.