Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I have a splash-back problem everytime I stop for fuel. I warn the gas station attendants each time to be careful, but they usually get wet. My first inclination would be that the hose that allows air to escape from the fuel tank as it fills might be blocked. The gas station owner where I usually fuel, tells me that this condition is a characteristic of Terracans. Before I take the tank off and spend a bunch of time and money, I thought I would ask around and see if anyone else has experienced this. I don't think my diesel car has an evaporation tank under the hood like gas engine models might. I heard somewhere that an evaporation tank could be a source of this problem, but I don't see such a tank on my car. Thanks, Jeff M.

·
1,462 Posts
QUOTE (Hobbycar @ Oct 10 2010, 12:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362374
Hello everybody, I have a splash-back problem everytime I stop for fuel. I warn the gas station attendants each time to be careful, but they usually get wet. My first inclination would be that the hose that allows air to escape from the fuel tank as it fills might be blocked. The gas station owner where I usually fuel, tells me that this condition is a characteristic of Terracans. Before I take the tank off and spend a bunch of time and money, I thought I would ask around and see if anyone else has experienced this. I don't think my diesel car has an evaporation tank under the hood like gas engine models might. I heard somewhere that an evaporation tank could be a source of this problem, but I don't see such a tank on my car. Thanks, Jeff M.

Yep, the guy at the gas station ir right. Terracans (all, including V6 gas) have this "problem". They all splash back when filling the tank. Solution: Just go slowly when reaching a full tank. In my case, I always run to empty and when filling, I slow down the fill rate when reaching about 65 liters, then go slow to the top.

So, don't waste your time and risk damaging something. Do not fool around with the fuel tank.

Robert B.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts