Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help. My car has 3 pending code P0444, P0451, & P0497. I looked at the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor next to the gas tank and found one of the 2 hoses to that sensor cracked and pretty much fell apart when I touched it. One hose goes to the canister, the intact hose, the other have no idea. Does anyone know where the hose from the sensor connects too? The hose from the sensor went to a bracket, but it looks like it didn't connect to anything other than the bracket.

The hose was connect to this side of the sensor

and the other end was on this bracket.

If someone knows or would be so kind to look under your car to see if that end of the hose goes somewhere, please let me know. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Need a little help. My car has 3 pending code P0444, P0451, & P0497. I looked at the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor next to the gas tank and found one of the 2 hoses to that sensor cracked and pretty much fell apart when I touched it. One hose goes to the canister, the intact hose, the other have no idea. Does anyone know where the hose from the sensor connects too? The hose from the sensor went to a bracket, but it looks like it didn't connect to anything other than the bracket.

The hose was connect to this side of the sensor

and the other end was on this bracket.

If someone knows or would be so kind to look under your car to see if that end of the hose goes somewhere, please let me know. Thanks for any help.
It looks like the other end of the small hose of the FTPS is just expose to atmosphere to sense ambient air pressure, check General Description of P0451 for more info.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep it sure does....may I ask where did you get the really clear thumbnail and attached files?

Do you think not having that hose on the FTPS would cause the P0451? Even though the end of the hose is expose to atmosphere, there may be some flow restriction due the length of then hose. Probable wishful thinking. I'm going to test all the sensors and canister this weekend, hope I find the problem. Thanks again for the clear pic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep it sure does....may I ask where did you get the really clear thumbnail and attached files?

Do you think not having that hose on the FTPS would cause the P0451? Even though the end of the hose is expose to atmosphere, there may be some flow restriction due the length of then hose. Probable wishful thinking. I'm going to test all the sensors and canister this weekend, hope I find the problem. Thanks again for the clear pic.

I'm having the same code issue. How do you test the sensor? Did you fix your problem?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm having the same code issue. How do you test the sensor? Did you fix your problem?
The problem turned out to a faulty PCSV. I tested the coil resistance with an OHM meter (16 ohms.) And also supplied a 12v source to test for open valve. Both tested positive. It was an intermittent fault with the solenoid. It finally failed after getting gas few days later. The car would not start after fill up. I bought a cheap after market solenoid and the code returned, coil resistance tested 22 ohms but valve would work with 12v. Ended up buying OEM on ebay and code went away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The problem turned out to a faulty PCSV. I tested the coil resistance with an OHM meter (16 ohms.) And also supplied a 12v source to test for open valve. Both tested positive. It was an intermittent fault with the solenoid. It finally failed after getting gas few days later. The car would not start after fill up. I bought a cheap after market solenoid and the code returned, coil resistance tested 22 ohms but valve would work with 12v. Ended up buying OEM on ebay and code went away.

Thank you for your response. So the OEM purge valve cleared up the P0451 fuel tank pressure sensor code? We had issues filling up and replaced the purge valve behind the throttle body and that problem stopped but the codes persisted. Then I replaced the valve by the canister with what I thought was a genuine made in Korea OEM part (also purchased on ebay) but I don't think it is. We're still getting codes. Maybe one directly from Hyundai will clear it up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your response. So the OEM purge valve cleared up the P0451 fuel tank pressure sensor code? We had issues filling up and replaced the purge valve behind the throttle body and that problem stopped but the codes persisted. Then I replaced the valve by the canister with what I thought was a genuine made in Korea OEM part (also purchased on ebay) but I don't think it is. We're still getting codes. Maybe one directly from Hyundai will clear it up.
The OEM PCSV cleared the reoccurring code. The solenoid was purchased on ebay, in the OEM box and manufacture was BOSCH. If you suspect your PCSV, check the resistance. The original before it failed and the OEM I bought was exactly 16 Ohms. There is no MIN/MAX on the resistance in the service manual.

Measure the coil resistance of the PCSV.
Specification: 16.0 Ω [20°C(68°F)]

I would go through the the entire EVAP system before throwing more parts at it. And when you do find the problem part(s), I personally would just buy OEM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The OEM PCSV cleared the reoccurring code. The solenoid was purchased on ebay, in the OEM box and manufacture was BOSCH. If you suspect your PCSV, check the resistance. The original before it failed and the OEM I bought was exactly 16 Ohms. There is no MIN/MAX on the resistance in the service manual.

Measure the coil resistance of the PCSV.
Specification: 16.0 Ω [20°C(68°F)]

I would go through the the entire EVAP system before throwing more parts at it. And when you do find the problem part(s), I personally would just buy OEM.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts