Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: I'm a new member. I'd be grateful if someone helps me. I have an Elantra 2017. My fuel tank door does not want to open. I lifted the pull lever inside the car as I normally do but the outside door does not open. Please help. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still wondering if anyone could possible give me a suggestion on my gas tank lever that is not opening up the gas tank door. Just wanted to avoid a trip to the dealer. Thank you all.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I took mine to dealer for trunk lever that felt stuck. I felt kinda felt foolish when the service advisor showed me I just did not pull it hard enough. That is all I could suggest since it fixed the trunk lever. Otherwise, probably a dealership visit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought I’d share with the community. Today God sent my friend to help me. I lifted the inside gas lever while he gently inserted something at the top of the fuel tank door. It snapped open!! I felt silly but so thankful that I didn’t have to spend money at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
They did not charge me when I went to the dealership with the trunk lever that seemed stuck. What I found is the more I used it, the more it loosened up. If you have more problems I would not hesitate to have the dealership look at it. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts