Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening to all of you I have a 2005 Terracan 2.9diesel. I have had an embarresing moment today in the centre of Birmingham when a loud bang happend with a metal grinding noise it turned out to be a well rotted and rusted metal cover plate from inside the front drivers wheel which is used to protect the brake disc had fallen off and rotted away. Can you get replacements for these?? also my fuel tank has a protection plate on it has also rusted away and needs to be replaced as I do not go off road do I need to replace this ? if so how much and where from? I have seen a part replacement but at $695 !!! can anyone help and advise please. The fuel tank behind the cover looks fine and rust free.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update and starting problems

Here is an update new dust covers for the brake discs ordered and underneath of car checked out fuel tank cover is solid just needs rust removing and painting with hammerite. Whilst the terra was being checked underneath the engine stopped and would not start (broke down at the right place LOL) there was air found in the fuel system and fuel was bleeding back it was traced to corroded steel fuel pipes which are part of the pump before it goes into the rubber tubing so new fuel pump replaced / ordered and will be fitted next week. So happy now :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts