Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Yes Powers up but can not link with ecu. Used 2 different scan tools(new) that work in other vehicles but not this one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Fuel pressure test shows about 25 kPa key on(relay jumped in my case), about 60 kPa running. Seems high?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Those readings are way too low. You don't mean psi do you? Should be about 280kPa @Idle and go up as the engine load increases. If it's kPa where starting to get somewhere and it's getting back to the pump or fuel pressure regulator. Try squeezing the return hose a little to block some of the returning fuel and see what the pressure goes too. Be careful cause if it goes too high it may blow off the return hose.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Rental fuel pressure tester, already returned it. Gauge reads 2 psi or 20 kPa key on 6 psi or 60 kPa running or vice versa? Regulator is new, bought 2 fuel pumps at junkyard and they bench test working?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
No should be around 40 psi idle going up to about 48 when you snap open the throttle. As I said slowly clamp off the return fuel ine and watch to see if the pressure rises and if it does it's the pressure regulator and if it doesn't its the pump. A simple test is to take off the return hose and plumb it into a bottle, start and ilde the car and see how much is returning to the tank. I bet it's nothing which confirms a pump problem.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I'll have to try again at a later time. Don't have time to fool with it until I'm off work again. Appreciate your help
I'll have to drive it with the 6 mpg I'm getting right now until I can have time to look at it again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I'm driving it right with relay back in . It's running about the same as jumping it until it heats it then it starts sputtering. Gas mileage is horrific.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Which line is return line. When looking at top of fuel pump, I see 3 lines or are you talking about 2 lines that connect to fuel rails?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Yes it's the one that fits onto the fuel pressure regulator and at the pump is usually the smaller hose. If you fix the scantool issue you can look at the fuel trims or injector duty cycle. I bet their hardly closing and the fuel is dribbling in and not a fine spray.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts