Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 40 of 101 Posts
Bench test the relay to see if it works and if it works I think it's the switching side of the relay where your problem is. That was mentioned back in post 2. I'm sure Autospark will post a diagram for you to follow.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Took a known good relay from fuse block and put in fuel pump position. Pump does not work. Put that relay back in horn position and horn does work. Can I jump relay and run indefinitely if needed, knowing that I have to disconnect jumper when motor is not running until I can find wiring issue?

So we're back to post #2 again...LOL

Remove the pump relay from the fusebox.
Switch the ignition on.
Connect your black voltmeter probe to battery negative.
Touch the red probe to each of the terminals of the pump relay socket on the fusebox.
You should have two terminals with 12V, one terminal with a low voltage (usually about 2.5~3V), and one with 0V.
Let us know which one of the voltages is missing and that will tell us which part of the circuit the fault is on.

Can I jump relay and run indefinitely
You can if your game. The system is designed to cut power to the fuel pump if the engine stops running (accident) if you hot wire it and have an accident or a fuel leak it'll be pumping out around 2 liters (1 quart) of fuel a minute till you cut the power.
You havent said if it now runs.

2-12.5 volts, 1-0.1, and 1-0.0. Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciate it.
Those numbers don't seem right. The low voltage (2.5~3V) is missing, which probably means the control wire coming from the PCM is open circuit/broken.

Are these the readings you got?

if the engine stops running (accident) if you hot wire it and have an accident or a fuel leak it'll be pumping out around 2 liters (1 quart) of fuel a minute till you cut the power.
Not really because his car is fitted with an inertia switch which should cut the power supply to the fuel pump if the car is in an accident. I don't see any real issue with bypassing the PCM control of the relay on this car.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I can get the location of those readings shortly. I jumped relay, motor ran, reinstalled relay, motor ran, drove about 10 miles and started having hard start and cutting out when trying to go in gear?

21 - 40 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.