Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No pressure, fuses, relays good. Changed fuel pump. Hear what I thought was usual pump sound when key is turned to on. No voltage at fuel pump check at engine bay fuse block. Could it be fuel cutoff switch next to master cylinder?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,451 Posts
Can you check for fuel pressure?
No?? Check voltages at fuel pump relay
Two should have 12 volts
Jump pins 30 and 87. Listen for fuel pump.
If fuel pump running, try to start engine.
If it does start then relay
If it doesn't start then check fuel pump
Sometimes one forgets to transfer the O-rings to new pump.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,543 Posts
It would be really helpful if you could tell us what model of Santa Fe we're working with since you haven't posted in one of the model specific forums. And knowing what engine the car is fitted with usually helps too when your asking for advise about an engine problem.

Could it be fuel cutoff switch next to master cylinder?
I assume your talking about an inertia switch? It couldn't be the inertia switch if there is no power at the pump check terminal on the fusebox.

Have you checked to see if there is spark at the plugs? No fuel delivery & no spark more often than not means there is a crank sensor circuit problem.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2001 santa Fe 2.7 V6, new crank sensor, cam sensor, knock sensors, fuel pump. No voltage at fuel pump checkpoint at engine bay fuse block. All fuses, relays good.

·
Registered
14,543 Posts
2001 santa Fe 2.7 V6, new crank sensor, cam sensor, knock sensors, fuel pump. No voltage at fuel pump checkpoint at engine bay fuse block. All fuses, relays good.
OK, but what about the spark?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got an inertia switch from pull apart off a 2004, checked fuel pump checkpoint after installing it and it now shows voltage. May have not had good connection when I previously checked it?

·
Registered
14,543 Posts
May have not had good connection when I previously checked it?
I guess so because the inertia switch comes after the fusebox in the circuit, so a fault with the inertia switch can't have any effect on what is happening back at the pump check terminal.

·
Registered
14,543 Posts
What voltage are you getting on the pump test terminal DURING CRANK?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I replaced every sensor on this engine from a 2004 at pull apart. I can hear fuel pump on. There is still no pressure when I disconnect line at regulator. Bought a new regulator also. I'm wondering if the crank sensor I bought online has gone out after a couple of miles?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,451 Posts
Who changed the fuel pump?
Have seen many times where the owner changed the fuel pump
And, a no start followed.
Usually due to O rings which were not transferred to the new fuel pump
Even though the fuel pump runs, it can not build up enough pressure for the fuel injectors to work properly.
Old carburetors used about 3 to 5 psi. The modern day fuel injectors require anywhere from 40 to 60 psi.

Note: I believe if the crank sensor was not working then the ECU would not see a crank signal
And the ECU would not run the fuel pump. Nor would there be spark nor injector signal.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went further and there is voltage at the fuel pump plug but the fuel pump is not coming on. The sound I thought was the pump is coming from rear hatch. It stops when hatch is opened. Checked o rings, they seem good. I turn key to on and open the fuel tank cap and there is no sound. I bought 2 pumps from pull apart and have tried both in tank. Neither will pump ?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,451 Posts
I went further and there is voltage at the fuel pump plug but the fuel pump is not coming on. The sound I thought was the pump is coming from rear hatch. It stops when hatch is opened. Checked o rings, they seem good. I turn key to on and open the fuel tank cap and there is no sound. I bought 2 pumps from pull apart and have tried both in tank. Neither will pump ?
Sounds like power to fuel pump but pump doesn't work??
Did you check the ground side?

Maybe just bad fuel pumps??????

1 - 20 of 101 Posts