Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys new to this forum, and have a problem. my wifes car is a 08 sonata gls. i drove it home from work today with no problems then went to start it a couple hours later and wouldn't start. first time trying to start it it ran rough like it was trying to suck gas for a couple seconds and now just cranks like its getting no fuel at all. Check engine light wasn't on when i parked the car but now the CEL, battery and oil lights are staying on with ignition on. i checked the battery it's all good, all the fuses are good and i can't hear the fuel pump kicking in when i turn the ignition on. Am i over looking something or does my assumption that it's the fuel pump sound right? any help greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
QUOTE (mccrow771 @ Apr 24 2010, 01:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316165
hey guys new to this forum, and have a problem. my wifes car is a 08 sonata gls. i drove it home from work today with no problems then went to start it a couple hours later and wouldn't start. first time trying to start it it ran rough like it was trying to suck gas for a couple seconds and now just cranks like its getting no fuel at all. Check engine light wasn't on when i parked the car but now the CEL, battery and oil lights are staying on with ignition on. i checked the battery it's all good, all the fuses are good and i can't hear the fuel pump kicking in when i turn the ignition on. Am i over looking something or does my assumption that it's the fuel pump sound right? any help greatly appreciated.
you can not assume that the fuel pump is at fault without checking if fuel is reaching the injectors, there may well be other issues, without getting the fault codes extracted you are just shooting in the dark, doing this check has got to be your next step

1 - 5 of 5 Posts