Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my excel/accent used to give 110 KM's if i put fuel for $10 AUD.. but now before some days its not giving me max 60 Km's off $10 AUD.. im really confused i bought this car 1.5 months back.. i want to know is it because of service problem? cos since i bought i have not changed the engine oil or oil filter..? is that the reason?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Can't hurt. Also do air filter, fuel filter, tranny fluid, etc. You never know how the last owner treated the car, so its always nice to flush everything and start fresh. Then you can start checking other things like O2 sensors, checking pcv system, read obd data, and confirm there is no gorilla in your trunk.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have changed the oil and the spark plugs.. but it seems like the problem is still there.. could it be the OIL FILTER and the FUEL FILTER?

·
Super Moderator
3,760 Posts
I'm not getting near the distance out of $10 now that I used to, but that's because the price of fuel keeps going up. :grin:

Dirty oil can cause a loss of fuel economy in these cars. A friend had a '95 Accent a long time ago and it did the same thing, as does my '06.  If you changed the oil but not the filter, I would suggest going ahead and replacing the filter...  It's generally advisable to change the filter every time you change oil.

I wouldn't think fuel filter is the problem here, but have you changed the air filter?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone can help? they fuel problem is getting worse day by day? is it because of bad oil and dirty oil filter? coz it cant be spark plugs i recently changed them

thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts