Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be crazy but I think my Santa Fe is drinking a little more fuel then it should. I would like to know what you all are getting for gas mileage. It a 2018 2.0t limited. And I’m averaging 9.8 to 10.8 litres per 100km. I’m I just crazy?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If that is winter / cold weather driving and a lot of trips of less than 10 miles it is possible. The engine computers monitor for rich / lean conditions and would alert you to anything out of whack as far as excessive fuel being burned. My mileage in my 2015 SFS 2.4L will drop to 10 MPG this time of the year when it is below 32 degrees, any use of remote starter even for a few minutes a day, and strict back and forth to work at 2.0 miles per trip

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lots of factors can affect gas mileage. Weather, traffic, driving pattern, etc.

I used to do a lot of highway driving and would average around 9.5 - 10.0 l/100 kms. Lately, with a lot of in-city driving, I have been seeing around 11.5 - 12.0 l/100 kms. I know as well that during, gas in Canada is mixed in with ethanol which again affects fuel consumption.

As an aside, I tend to leave the ECO mode OFF as I find that I tend to stomp more on the go pedal to get the SFS moving. :cool: I know that might have an effect on fuel consumption as well.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Fuel mileage threads could go on forever, but as I have some time, let's look at the
2018 Santa Fe 2.0T US EPA rating:
FWD 20 city 28 highway 23 avg
AWD 19-26 22 avg
Ultimate 19-24 21 avg

Now, if I did my calculations correctly, 10 litres p/100 km would be 23.5 mpg, no problem.

Even the Canadian Fuel Mileage L/100 KM:
2.0T 9.8 city 12.3 highway 11.2 avg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts