Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A man down the pub said that getting the fuel injectors renovated / changed in my Hyundai h-100 will improve fuel economy and engine response. He reckons fuel injectors should be addressed every 80,000. My van's knocking on 100,000. Should I be listening to him?

Currently £20 will take me around 100 miles if I drive conservatively. Not sure what that translates to in mpg but I'm sure it's not good.

Very grateful for any feedback / advice.

Happy hyundaing : )

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Is it diesel or petrol? It depends on your fuel quality. I replaced my injectors at 165K miles, and it didn't make any difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

It's a diesel. I'm not very clued up on fuel quality - I have only ever used standard diesel as fuel.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Back in '80s in USA diesel was a crappy product.. most looked like muddy creek water, and place i worked at had random diesel issues.... we would drain and change filters, refill with diesel from local BP (clean clear purple tint back then).. we have regualtions on fuel quality here. Newest fuel for sale here is clear lime green/yellow color, low-sulphur to meet EPA requirements.

Injectors.. should ideally need no maintain, they operate extremely high pressure, should be no reason for spray issues.

Have a friend that works independent, and does diesel work, he says when you change filters, fill the filters up with new clean ATF,, the detergents in ATF will act as system cleaner,,, just got to get past the initial cloud of smoke till fuel hits the circuit again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts