Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Santa Fe requires regular gasoline only, and regular usually comes without the cleaning additives found in mid-grade and premium gasolines, do you add a fuel injector cleaner?

If you add a cleaner, how often do you do so?

·
3,861 Posts
QUOTE (mjrobin @ Apr 21 2010, 09:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315487
Since the Santa Fe requires regular gasoline only, and regular usually comes without the cleaning additives found in mid-grade and premium gasolines, do you add a fuel injector cleaner?

I just use Premium in both vehicles and never add any cleaner.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (mjrobin @ Apr 21 2010, 08:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315487

I run BG 408 directly through the fuel rail on my EFI vehicles every 50K miles. When the time comes (I just turned about 21K, so I'm not there yet), that's going to be more of a pain in the **** than it's been in a long time - it appears that Hyundai decided we could do without a Schrader valve in the engine compartment. 감사합니다 (NOT!)

·
Banned
313 Posts
QUOTE (mjrobin @ Apr 21 2010, 10:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315487

In the US, all fuels are required to have a certain amount of cleaning additives. If you feel you need more, I'd suggest a bottle of Chevron Techron about every 10K miles or once a year.

QUOTE (wymi @ Apr 21 2010, 11:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315509
I just use Premium in both vehicles and never add any cleaner.
You are throwing away your money.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've added a bottle of a quality branded Fuel Injector Cleaner to my gas tank after every oil change, in every vehicle I've owned.
I do a LOT of driving and have never had any issues with injectors in any of the vehicles (even the GM...that was about the only thing I didn't have issues with in that car....hence why I switched brands).

I see no reason to not continue the practice with my new Santa Fe.

For those of us in the more northern regions, it also helps get rid of any water that can form in the gas tank through condensation when the temps swing fast and furious.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Perfume for your car. Spend the money if it makes you feel good, but keep in mind that your car doesn't even know you exist.

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (Don67 @ Apr 22 2010, 04:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315716
Perfume for your car. Spend the money if it makes you feel good, but keep in mind that your car doesn't even know you exist.
Toyota dealer recommended fuel injection clean-up for my Camry at 100k miles and I declined. REALLY recommended it after 200k miles and I declined. Traded at 280k, still no problem. Same to a lesser extent for wife's Mazdas. So I suspect my Sante will just have to muddle through too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Chevron Techron is good. I've also had great luck with Berrymans B-12 ChemTool, as well as Seafoam. Berryman's is about 1/3 the price of Seafoam and does a great job of 'livening" things back up if it begins to feel sluggish or mileage drops off. I usually drop a bottle in once every 10-15K miles. (don't get it on your paint!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts