Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all first timer here. I own a 2004 2.0 diesel trajet. Seems a good machine apart from usual things i.e bushes ball joints etc. One other thing that has arisen is the fuel gauge. We gave it a shock the other day filled it up (with UK prices it shocked me more than anything). Ever since the gauge will only drop to half then its a guessing game as to when it empty.
My first question is how do I locate the sender unit from the tank?
Secondly any help on where to locate a new one in the UK would be great aswell or suggestions on how to repair the original. I think it works in a fashion as it goes up when more fuel is added it just won't go below half.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,338 Posts
My first question is how do I locate the sender unit from the tank?
It's on top of the fuel tank. I think you'll need to lower the tank to access it on the Trajet.

Carlford717 said:
Secondly any help on where to locate a new one in the UK would be great aswell or suggestions on how to repair the original.
Your local Hyundai dealer would be your best bet for a new one or you might find a used one on ebay. Although, considering the amount of work involved in replacing it I think I'd want to replace it with a new part from the dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts