Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I purchased a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe V6 a couple of months ago. Today I notice that the fuel gauge is not working at all. I put in a full tank of gas and nothing. I do not know when I might run out of fuel. What is the cause of this and is there a fix for this problem? Has anyone else dealt with this issue before?

Thanks in advance for the replies and input.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I purchased a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe V6 a couple of months ago. Today I notice that the fuel gauge is not working at all. I put in a full tank of gas and nothing. I do not know when I might run out of fuel. What is the cause of this and is there a fix for this problem? Has anyone else dealt with this issue before?

Thanks in advance for the replies and input.

Not sure of the fix, but I'd be sure to reset your trip meter each time you fill up in the mean time and use that to gauge when you are empty. I don't know your vehicle, but I'd fill up after 300 miles to be sure you didn't run out.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
The Santa Fe has two sender units due to the saddlebag shape of the tank and those units are a common failure item on the SM Santa Fe. Either one or both have failed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts