Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello !

Looking to replace the fuel filter under the bonnet on a 2007 Tucson 2L Diesel CRDI...
I know how to replace it just unsure on priming? Anyone know ?
The car has low fuel pressure and only starts with easy start so was going to change the filter first as its cheaper than the pump.

Any help appreciated!!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,616 Posts
Take a look at my post on THIS THREAD. Different model of car but the filter replacement procedure isn't really model specific.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take a look at my post on THIS THREAD. Different model of car but the filter replacement procedure isn't really model specific.
Without looking i cant say for 100% but i feel like the engine doesnt have a manual pump for priming (J) would i be right in saying it will be automatic prime just turn ignition on and off a few times ?

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
The filter change procedure is for the Hyundai Getz. The Getz engine (1.5CRDi) doesn't have an electric pump in the tank so it has a primer bulb.
Your 2.0 engine has an electric pump. What I do when there is an electric pump is bypass the pump relay for a couple of minutes to make sure the filter housing is filled with fuel and the fuel lines to the pump are primed. If you go back to the link and scroll down to post #12 I explain how to bypass the pump relay.

The guy on that other thread had problems getting his engine to start after replacing the filter. It turned out he had connected the fuel lines the wrong way round, so it might be a good idea to mark both sides of the connector on one of the fuel lines with masking tape or similar so you know which goes where when you refit the filter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The filter change procedure is for the Hyundai Getz. The Getz engine (1.5CRDi) doesn't have an electric pump in the tank so it has a primer bulb.
Your 2.0 engine has an electric pump. What I do when there is an electric pump is bypass the pump relay for a couple of minutes to make sure the filter housing is filled with fuel and the fuel lines to the pump are primed. If you go back to the link and scroll down to post #12 I explain how to bypass the pump relay.

The guy on that other thread had problems getting his engine to start after replacing the filter. It turned out he had connected the fuel lines the wrong way round, so it might be a good idea to mark both sides of the connector on one of the fuel lines with masking tape or similar so you know which goes where when you refit the filter.
Yeah perfect ill have a read through that thread, ok yeah fair advice ill be the guy to put them on the wrong way !! Be just my luck haha, can you get a way with the old fill the filter with diesel before installing trick?

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
can you get a way with the old fill the filter with diesel before installing trick?
Probably but I've never done it that way myself. What you don't want to do, if possible, is crank it over with no fuel being supplied to the high pressure pump because the pump is lubricated by the fuel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts