Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and would really appreciate your help. I've been looking at a lot of the messages and with all the knowledge out there I'm sure someone can help me.

I had my Hyundai Accent 1.3Gsi (2001 model) serviced by the main dealer until the warranty expired. As the Hyundai dealer is a long way away, I have just had my car serviced by the local garage. They said that they can't find a fule filter on my car and the manual says it is only replaced on the MFi. However, my main dealer fitted a fuel filter according to the invoice at 40,000 miles. Have I got a fue lfilter or not?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by hyundaiman@Nov 17 2004, 09:03 AM
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and would really appreciate your help.  I've been looking at a lot of the messages and with all the knowledge out there I'm sure someone can help me.

I had my Hyundai Accent 1.3Gsi (2001 model) serviced by the main dealer until the warranty expired.  As the Hyundai dealer is a long way away, I have just had my car serviced by the local garage.  They said that they can't find a fule filter on my car and the manual says it is only replaced on the MFi.  However, my main dealer fitted a fuel filter according to the invoice at 40,000 miles.  Have I got a fue lfilter or not?

Thanks.
[snapback]2844[/snapback]​

yes, you do. it's on top of the fuel tank, next to the pump outlet

·
Registered
329 Posts
If your local garage can't find the fuel filter you might wonder about how good a job they are going to do with other repars you might need down the road.

·
Registered
422 Posts
If you lift up your rear seat, you will find a black plastic cover.
If you remove this cover you will see the fuel filter in the location that Duke said.

Just be careful when trying to remove the black plastic cover, they are fastened down fairly well, and your wiring harness goes straight through the middle of the black cover.
So don't pul it too hard!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by duke@Nov 17 2004, 06:58 PM
yes, you do. it's on top of the fuel tank, next to the pump outlet
[snapback]2846[/snapback]​

Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 18 2004, 07:57 AM
If you lift up your rear seat, you will find a black plastic cover.
If you remove this cover you will see the fuel filter in the location that Duke said.

Just be careful when trying to remove the black plastic cover, they are fastened down fairly well, and your wiring harness goes straight through the middle of the black cover.
So don't pul it too hard!
[snapback]2854[/snapback]​

I'll take care! Thanks a lot for this!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by gordo@Nov 17 2004, 07:42 PM
If your local garage can't find the fuel filter you might wonder about how good a job they are going to do with other repars you might need down the road.
[snapback]2847[/snapback]​

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by gordo@Nov 17 2004, 07:42 PM
[snapback]2847[/snapback]​

Fair point - but I have used them for 5 years for other makes of cars that my wife and I have had and they have usually been OK. Perhaps they don't come across too many Hyundais!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hi!.......Welcome to the Forums.

I`m glad the guys helped you out so well. Unfortunately a lot of `local` garages in the U.K. don`t get to see too many Hyundai`s........reliability I guess!.
Their difficulty is, that most of them won`t know how to (or be able to) read the fault codes stored in your engine`s control unit following a problem!.
Guessing takes a lot of (expensive!) time, so it`s usually best to go to a Hyundai Main Dealer........unless your needs are fairly simple & basic.

Enjoy your car!
Nick. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts