Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Has anyone had the fuel filter replaced on their Sonata? I have a 2007 Sonata with 42000 miles on it and just had my fuel filter replaced. The Hyundai service people seemed surprise that I wanted this done, but the manual clearly states to replace it after 37500 miles. Afterwards, he pointed out that they had a heck of a time replacing it....apparently this is not done very often. Why I'm not sure..... Am I the only person who has had this replace? It cost about $90 parts and labor. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Sonata has 58,419 miles on it and I have not yet had to replace my fuel filter. And my service guys have not said that it needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (cabby @ Aug 1 2010, 02:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346453
Hi all. Has anyone had the fuel filter replaced on their Sonata? I have a 2007 Sonata with 42000 miles on it and just had my fuel filter replaced. The Hyundai service people seemed surprise that I wanted this done, but the manual clearly states to replace it after 37500 miles. Afterwards, he pointed out that they had a heck of a time replacing it....apparently this is not done very often. Why I'm not sure..... Am I the only person who has had this replace? It cost about $90 parts and labor. Thanks.
Yea, it is a royal pain, your service fella gave it away... the hole in the floor is supposed to be for the factory assembly people to be able to reach the connectors for assembly.

Labor guides show a few tenths over 1 hr to R&R fuel pump, and is a bit more work beyond that to change the filter element.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all. Yea, it took 1.5 hours longer than scheduled. It seemed as if this was the first time they had ever performed this task which made me nervous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
to replace a fuel filter? what happened to the easy ones that screw in both sides and thats it....does the 2010 have one?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (sonta09 @ Sep 13 2010, 09:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356107
what happened to the easy ones that screw in both sides and thats it.
The exposure to the elements and road hazards kept rusting the lines/fittings, and road debris would punch hole in canister, so it is better to put it inside the tank with the fuel pump shoved up the middle and only have line from tank go to tfront of car, and we can hide/tuck line tight to subframe and protect it..

...does the 2010 have one?
Yes

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is there a tutorial on this for 2009?

I found this for a 2006, and it looked super easy - have yet to get the car on stands to see if it's similar on the '09, but from some looking around (which there's not a lot of info) I doesn't sound like it is close to the same.

Here's the 2006 tutorial I've found: http://www.amdmaddness.com/sonata/tsb/fueltankairfilter.pdf

I see no scheduled maint. for a fuel pump - which is as I expected...

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
QUOTE (DnB @ Sep 17 2010, 02:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356913
Is there a tutorial on this for 2009?

I found this for a 2006, and it looked super easy - have yet to get the car on stands to see if it's similar on the '09, but from some looking around (which there's not a lot of info) I doesn't sound like it is close to the same.

Here's the 2006 tutorial I've found: http://www.amdmaddness.com/sonata/tsb/fueltankairfilter.pdf

I see no scheduled maint. for a fuel pump - which is as I expected...

This is not the fuel filter. This DIY is for the filler neck filter which is part of the emissions system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts