Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that the 2013 gls i just bought doesn't seem to have a little spring loaded valve covering the fuel "hole". Also noticed one of the bolts on the filler neck is missing, so I'm guessing previous owner had and issue, and yanked the valve door thingy out (or its sitting at the bottom of the gas tank.

I'm guessing so long as the gas cap is good, and I take car not to fill the tank in the rain, this shouldn't be a problem, but wondering if this is repairable without buying a whole new filler neck assembly. What would you even call that part.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I guessing too...maybe it's just the anti-siphoning mechanism and you need not worry! Maybe replace the bolt though!

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
I just noticed that the 2013 gls i just bought doesn't seem to have a little spring loaded valve covering the fuel "hole". Also noticed one of the bolts on the filler neck is missing, so I'm guessing previous owner had and issue, and yanked the valve door thingy out (or its sitting at the bottom of the gas tank.

I'm guessing so long as the gas cap is good, and I take car not to fill the tank in the rain, this shouldn't be a problem, but wondering if this is repairable without buying a whole new filler neck assembly. What would you even call that part.
I'm going to do something and make an assumption.....been doing a little better with them as of the last couple days.....at least I think I'm doing better.....Here's my guess.....Previous owner had a problem with slow fueling due to canister or vent valve problem and took it apart. See if the vent valve and or canister or even there.
Best practices for requesting help:

* If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. Shows up to the left
* Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
* Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
* Do not double post for the same problem.
* Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
* VIN number can be very helpful.
* Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
* Describe the problem the best you can.
* Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
* If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.
* If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's an issue they see many times they will generate a safety recall or do a TSB. This is how they know.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I see the evap cannister, located just over the left rear axle? Looks like a purge line runner from the filler neck going to it. Also imagine it would trigger a CEL if not present? So hopefully that's not it.

So here is a picture of the "hole", lacking the Anti-siphon choke plate thingy whatsamajunk. Any point it trying to fix it, other than a 20 cent bolt?

I'm going to do something and make an assumption.....been doing a little better with them as of the last couple days.....at least I think I'm doing better.....Here's my guess.....Previous owner had a problem with slow fueling due to canister or vent valve problem and took it apart. See if the vent valve and or canister or even there.
Best practices for requesting help:

* If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. Shows up to the left
* Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
* Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
* Do not double post for the same problem.
* Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
* VIN number can be very helpful.
* Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
* Describe the problem the best you can.
* Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
* If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.
* If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's an issue they see many times they will generate a safety recall or do a TSB. This is how they know.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hyundai aint had them little flaps for last 10yr at best, I say even longer,, serves no purpose..

Evap canister is under car, right hand side of rear subframe, tuck up in there

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well since I don't know the name of the "flap", I guess the flap isn't necessary. Just never seen a car without one. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts