Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya
I just went to the fuel station to fill up my car. But couldn't get the fuel filler door open. I have looked everywhere but cant find a way howo get the door open without breaking it. I belive theFuel filler flap actuator isnt working. There are various replacements around. But i just dont know how to get the flap open without damaging the door. I have looked on the inside of the car to see if there was a release cord...cant find one. I can feel a a little lever but it seems solid and wont draw back to releave the flap. Help....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I checked the user manual; the only thing mentioned is that the door won't open if the car is locked, or if the alarm system is activated. I don't know about a manual release from inside the car. Can you take off the panels from the inside of the car and try to get to it?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hiya
I just went to the fuel station to fill up my car. But couldn't get the fuel filler door open. I have looked everywhere but cant find a way howo get the door open without breaking it. I belive theFuel filler flap actuator isnt working. There are various replacements around. But i just dont know how to get the flap open without damaging the door. I have looked on the inside of the car to see if there was a release cord...cant find one. I can feel a a little lever but it seems solid and wont draw back to releave the flap. Help....
Are you able to open your Trunk? On three of my older Hyundai’s there are emergency release for the gas door.

You will see an access panel near the location of the gas-filler cap on the inside of the vehicle trunk area. Carefully remove this plastic cover plate (expensive and sometimes il-lreplacable)
Behind the access panel, you will find a manual release lever or pull handle.

After opening and filling your gas, go to dealer or service to have the electronic solenoid tested and replaced or have the cable latch mech. Replaced.

Best Wishes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts