Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is time for the 120k mile maintenance. My manual calls for replacing the fuel filter. The service rep at my local Hyundai dealer has told me that this is a mistake in the manual. He asserts that my vehicle does not have a fuel filter. Is he correct?

Thanks.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Parts com does not list a fuel filter for the XG350. I believe there is one but its internal to the fuel pump. I stand to be corrected but that is what it looks like to me. Change the filter requires changing the fuel pump?

·
Registered
24 Posts
2002 XG350's have an external filter located under the car just ahead of the drivers side rear tire. Don't think that changed for the 2004 year. Ebay will sell you one for a 2004 XG350, so I suspect its there...looks like the same one that my 2002 takes. Kind of a nasty job with gasoline leaking all over the place and running down your arms as you try and not cross-thread the fittings that never seem to align just right. If you haven't done it in 120k miles, your past due.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I may have a fuel filter if you desire to have it changed, I have to look when I get home

·
Registered
912 Posts
2002 XG350's have an external filter ...

Don't think that changed for the 2004 year.
The external filter was dumped on the Sonata btw 2000 and 02 when body style changed so it is very likely that this happened to the XG as well btw 2002 and 2004. What remains is a filter at the in-tank pump module.

XG350 manual talks about in-tank filter but still shows external filter later on (using the same picture as for the Sonata). Such inconsistencies are unfortunately common to their documentation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts