Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a second-hand 2006 Sonata and so far impressed with the car. I noticed the other day the fuel door light no longer comes on when the door is popped open. It worked a few months ago when I first purchased the vehicle. Where should I start trouble shooting this??

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have never noticed the fuel light on when the fuel door was open. To my knowledge, it should only come on when the fuel in the tank is below a certain amount.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The words "fuel door" with an arrow are painted near the fuel gauge to remind you (or tell an unfamiliar driver) which side of the car the fuel tank is on. I have never seen it light up to indicate anything.

·
Registered
67 Posts
QUOTE (nds @ Dec 21 2010, 07:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381948
The words "fuel door" with an arrow are painted near the fuel gauge to remind you (or tell an unfamiliar driver) which side of the car the fuel tank is on. I have never seen it light up to indicate anything.
Ya, thats what's that icon is for, to tell you on which side it is, sonata dont tell you if the door is open (none of my cars do) it must be a luxurious thing :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
I had never noticed the "Fuel Door" light. But the other day, I noticed it was lit up. It gets lighted up each time I turn the lights on. This made me think that the fuel door had been opened accidentally. I checked; it wasn't open. Then, I thought the fuel door sensor or something had malfunctioned, since the "Fuel Door" light stays on continually.

Are you sure it's supposed to be on all the time? I'm not the only one who thinks it's not:

I refuelled yesterday and the light remains on.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Wow--6 minutes and already I can't edit that post. I don't understand why edits would be locked down so much.

I found this in the owner's manual:

The "FUEL DOOR" symbol means, the fuel filler lid is located on the left side of the vehicle.
So that answers the question. I guess some of us don't notice that light at first, and then when we do, we think it must have just come on!

I checked the manual (in PDF format) before posting, but for some reason, searching on "fuel door" and even "fuel" didn't find that text.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
QUOTE (Negative 1 @ Mar 24 2011, 06:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=419856
Wow--6 minutes and already I can't edit that post. I don't understand why edits would be locked down so much.

I found this in the owner's manual:

So that answers the question. I guess some of us don't notice that light at first, and then when we do, we think it must have just come on!

I checked the manual (in PDF format) before posting, but for some reason, searching on "fuel door" and even "fuel" didn't find that text.
A few years ago I thought the same thing. I got out and checked it nothing was wrong. Its wasnt until this happened about 3 times at night when I realized that it was more noticeable when the lights were turned on :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my Sonota since 2007 and NEVER have seen this light on before. I came on while I was driving down the freeway at 70 miles an hour. This is the first time it ever came on, believe me....I notice these things. I have had multiple electrical issues (seats, brake lights, seat belt, air bag light,etc) since purchasing this car. Other than the electrical issues and the poor gas mileage (21mpg) I really LOVE my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts