Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I push the fuel door button down, the fuel door will not open. I always have to use the emergency release in the drunk. The trunk release button works just fine?

Do you think I should replace the fuel door actuator in the trunk or is there a wiring problem at the door that I should try and replace?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
It's a simple diagnostic: check fuse then put tester on the (electric) actuator and operate the switch. No juice, replace switch; juice, replace actuator.

In simple language, figure out which part of the system is not working then replace the part(s) that aren't working. Parts swapping can get expensive, though as several of the techs here have pointed out, sometimes it's not worth the time to figure out the exact cause of the problem. YMMV :grin:

:00000732:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a simple diagnostic: check fuse then put tester on the (electric) actuator and operate the switch. No juice, replace switch; juice, replace actuator.

In simple language, figure out which part of the system is not working then replace the part(s) that aren't working. Parts swapping can get expensive, though as several of the techs here have pointed out, sometimes it's not worth the time to figure out the exact cause of the problem. YMMV :grin:

:00000732:
Thank you I will try that. What type of tester are you referring to? You think autozone has a rental tool for that. I apologize for the silly question, everything I know about cars I learn from youtube and reading this board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts