Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just gone from a 1.6 diesel citroen C4 picasso to a tucson 1.6 petrol and I'm so gutted I didnt realise how much a difference in the mpg was, I drove from portsmouth UK to Manchester & back, the C4 was £45 the Tucson was £90

I can't believe the difference in fuel consumption, Im so disapointed with my Tucson, my 2003 Hyundai Trajet was more economical & now I hardly drive it.
Being disabled this has become a let down in my life and has made me decide on not getting another Hyundai.
Really feel :frown:let down by Dealer

·
Registered
478 Posts
Did you do research and look at the fuel consumption ratings of the vehicles you were considering?
How does your mileage compare to the advertised specs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I must admit i took the dealers blurb at face value when i bought my petrol auto.
Struggling to maintain 35 mpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
...and has made me decide on not getting another Hyundai.
Frankly, this is idiotic. I have a Hyundai, and it currently is returning 76mpg. Of course it isn't a Tucson, but it is still a Hyundai (and readily available in your country), and is capable of far better fuel economy than most other vehicles on the road, including a 1.6 C4 diesel Picasso.

It's not the make of vehicle you have a problem with, it's the choice you made to buy a relatively inefficient model.

·
Registered
129 Posts
what do you expect going from a diesel to a petrol.
i haven't owned a petrol car for years for this main reason..i get 41mpg from my 4 wheel drive diesel tucson. never believe what the salesman tells you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts