Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY 07 HYUNDA AZERA LIMITED IS SUPPOSE TO RUN 17MPG ON THE CITY AND 26 IN THE HIGHWAY. MY HYUNDAI AZERA RUN 11-12.5 IN THE CITY AND 21-22.5 IN THE HIGHWAY. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT WRONG WITH IT?
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

·
Registered
512 Posts
That doesn't sound right! Mine is an 06 and I get 18 in the city on average and about 28 highway maybe a little more. Gas what kind of fuel do you use? BP and off brands I found that the fuel MPG is lower. Speedway is the worst. I use Marathon regualr and I get good MPG millage. Maybe with a better grade you may get better millage. If you do that and it still isn't getting good millage them maybe your engine is running too lean. If that is the case take it back to the dealer and have them make an adjustment.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thats OK i think. Mine (V6 3.3) is running for 14/city and 23/highway. I never believe to company official fuel consumption.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try reseting your ECU....i was getting about 15 mpg in my 06 azera (3.8) and my car died one day and it reset my ECU and now when i get about 18 mpg.....your ECU get used to how u drive so if u drive aggressive a lot it will just give u gas, gas, gas.....after u reset the ECU drive more laid back for a little while so your gas mileage will stay up.....FYI you lose most of ur gas on acceleration, so don't accelerate hard all the time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts