Hyundai Forums banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just got back from Costco where i picked up a six pack of Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner for $16.99. They are the larger bottles that treat up to 16 gallons. I've seen this size at an auto parts store for $11.99. Works out to under $3 after tax. Not bad, but I'm not sure I'll ever use Costco gas again.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
figured id re-chime in

found this while browsing through HMA this morning.

Kinda looks like chevron stuff no? :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
And because HF becomes stupid when uploading anything but pictures.....

EDIT: OMFG....

imageshack spot:

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
I picked it up at Costco too but noticed it says Fuel injector Cleaner with Techron.(ProGuard with Techron). Can anyone tell us the difference between this and Techron Concentrate. I know there is a price differnce but looking at the contents listed on the bottle I don't see the difference. Thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I picked it up at Costco too but noticed it says Fuel injector Cleaner with Techron.(ProGuard with Techron). Can anyone tell us the difference between this and Techron Concentrate. I know there is a price differnce but looking at the contents listed on the bottle I don't see the difference. Thanks.
Oh that's simple. Their bottle says "Hyundai" on it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The Hyundai product (not available in my area North of the border) is the same as the Chevron with Techron (Techron is a patented fuel additive developed by the Chevron Corporation). They're two products with Techron, Fuel Injector Cleaner and Fuel System Cleaner (therefore the big difference in price, about a $5 difference for the same 20oz. size). I recently purchased some on my trip to Michigan from AdvanceAuto. I plan on using a bottle at every oil change.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So are we to assume the Fuel System Cleaner and Fuel Injector Cleaner are the same. Just a price difference for name. Both are Chevron products. If so then at less than $3 a bottle at Costco, you can't beat that deal.

·
Registered
578 Posts
So are we to assume the Fuel System Cleaner and Fuel Injector Cleaner are the same. Just a price difference for name. Both are Chevron products. If so then at less than $3 a bottle at Costco, you can't beat that deal.
No, the injector cleaner and the fuel system cleaner are not the same product....... but at $3 a bottle compared to approx. $8 price at many Automotive part stores for the injector cleaner, then YES! it's a great deal. The Hyundai cleaner is the same as the Chevron Fuel System Cleaner which sells for approx $12-13 at auto part stores (occasionally goes on sale for half the price), the fuel system cleaner would most likely be more expensive at the Hyundai dealer.

Chevron Products: Our Fuels: Products and Services: Gasoline Additives

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well I think the fuel cleaner is recommended at each oil change not the fuel injector cleaner. Funny how the "ingredients" for both are the same. Maybe a different ratio in the mix.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts