Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Here!
One owner 2011 Accent (253,000 miles!!!)
A/C Blower = no go on all 4 settings.
Motor is newer and does work when tested w/ power.
Resistor replaced w/ new.
Relay and fuse are good.
Looking to replace the whole unit. Dealer wants $500+

Want to try new switch unit unit ($50 online.)

Problem: can not remove the old unit. Get close with unit loose, however it only pulls out about 1 inch and can not get at harness connections in order to remove it.

Any step by step on removing and replacing this unit.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Does your car have manual AC controls or auto (digital display)?
Sorry, I don't have step by step instructions because I've never had to removed the AC control panel on your model but generally manual AC controls control the flaps on the heater box via bowden cables. You need to disconnect the bowden cables from the heater box behind the dashboard before you can pull the control panel fully forward (or back, depending how you want to look at it).

Have you checked the blower motor power supply and ground? If the blower isn't working one of the two must be missing. Which one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manual unit with cable. Any tricks to removing the cable or simply where it gets disconnected? Buddy of mine quickly looked it over and determined it needed new switch unit. Local dealer here ($$$$) verbally confirms that the switches often go out. They were no help beyond that though.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Any tricks to removing the cable or simply where it gets disconnected?
The cables attach to the side of the heater box behind the center of the dash. If you look up behind the center of the dash from the brake pedal you should see the cables. On the end of the cable the cable inner is wound into a hoop which clips over a little plastic peg. There is a barb on the peg that stops the cable from slipping off. If you follow the cable back from the peg you should find the cable outer is secured to a clip. Unclip the outer then go back to the peg and press in the little barb then slip the hoop off the peg. It's a little difficult because you usually have to press the barb and slip the hoop off with one hand.

I've never done this job on your particular model. On the older Accent there were two cables on the same side of the heater box. There might be one on either side on your car.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
I think I made that sound more complicated than it really is, so here is a video showing how to do it. It's the earlier (LC) Accent but I'm sure disconnecting the heater cables will be will be pretty similar to your model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts