Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 tucson frozen wiper fluid Just purchased January 8th.. Temperature n freeze occured on the 10th dropping to 26 degrees w freezing rain n snow.. Out of all the cars ive had n purchased ive never have one freeze.. Cranked the heat up so I could see n hopefully defrost the windshield.. My first thought was this place didnt top the fluids, n check the fluid.. Im thinking somethings off n what's REALLY going on.. HELP me understa. In resolving this issue..

·
Registered
387 Posts
One post is enough.
I'm fairly sure that this is a wiper fluid issue, not a Tucson issue.
Maybe add some antifreeze?

·
Registered
377 Posts
could just be the quality of washer fluid is really cheap or maybe theres still summer washer fluid in it. lol best thing to do is thaw it out in a warm garage once it thaws out spray the stuff out like you would use it normally to spray your windshield. & refill it. i like to use the Yellow bottle of rain x as shown good for -40 on really cold days it doesnt leave a blurry streak accros the windshield like using the cheap blue stuff well worth paying the lousy $1.50 more over the cheap stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could just be the quality of washer fluid is really cheap or maybe theres still summer washer fluid in it. lol best thing to do is thaw it out in a warm garage once it thaws out spray the stuff out like you would use it normally to spray your windshield. & refill it. i like to use the Yellow bottle of rain x as shown good for -40 on really cold days it doesnt leave a blurry streak accros the windshield like using the cheap blue stuff well worth paying the lousy $1.50 more over the cheap stuff.
Thank i use that personally in my other cars n never had this problem; but this one was frozen in 10 mins while driving. So the dealership must have mixed water or something.. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One post is enough.
I'm fairly sure that this is a wiper fluid issue, not a Tucson issue.
Maybe add some antifreeze?
Your first comment wasnt needed. Realized after posting n couldn't delete. Thanks.. Exactly what I did.. Still NOTHING

·
Registered
4 Posts
2018 tucson frozen wiper fluid Just purchased January 8th.. Temperature n freeze occured on the 10th dropping to 26 degrees w freezing rain n snow.. Out of all the cars ive had n purchased ive never have one freeze.. Cranked the heat up so I could see n hopefully defrost the windshield.. My first thought was this place didnt top the fluids, n check the fluid.. Im thinking somethings off n what's REALLY going on.. HELP me understa. In resolving this issue..
Might be the wiper fluid is not rated for winter. When working try to drain all the fluid and replace with winter rated to -40 fluid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah i always use rainx in my cars n for some reason they used a low grade fluid.. Why I dont know but this was the first.. Its handled now. I topped it off n havent frozen since. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts