Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Recently my wipers started going real slow on low speed and now they don't work on any speed but high. Even when I use the windshield washer, nothing besides the washer fluid pumps out.
I checked the inside fuse box and fuse is good.
I read it could be the Front wiper Relay in fuse box under the hood or the wiper motor. Is there a way I can check this?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum.

Taking a wild guess ...
Sounds like the stalk switch that controls the wiper
More than likely I am worng
But, a shot in the dark.

Maybe someone else will chime in??

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Looks like the dropping resistor that gives the motor the different speeds has burnt out. When they burn out you loose certain speed functions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: I went to see a garage buddy of mine and he took the front plastic piece that covers over the wiper motor off so we can reach the wiper motor. It looked rusty so we cleaned it up and added some grease and everything started working. I guess on low and intermittent speed, the rust or debris was holding it back from moving. He said I'm good but seeing we didn't pull the wiper motor out, he doesn't know if it is rusted more inside. I can change it next year he said and if it starts up again, we will order a new wiper motor and install it

·
Registered
12,445 Posts
Sounds like it was a partially seized linkage to me given that the low speed wipers worked OK after the linkage was cleaned and regreased.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts