Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have issues with their outer molding for a 2016 SE? I think I found the part number, and it appears to be 86140-C1100. I also think I found it on ebay, but wondering if anyone has found a fix rather than buying a whole new one. Not sure why it came loose, is it broken? Or maybe my car washes ultimately got it. I just noticed recently while going through car washes that the passenger side molding flops up and down and I can actually pull up on the molding but I didn't want to break anything so I came looking for a fix.

Here is what I found on ebay...but before purchasing I'd like to hear from anyone that may have had the same issue and just fixed theirs rather than buying a new one. I kind of lean on the problem I have may have come loose or broke from those super jet dryers in drive thru car washes...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-16-17-Sonata-Front-Windshield-Pillar-Molding-Passenger-Side-Outer-Glass/122729705257?fits=Model%3ASonata&epid=1048772464&hash=item1c9342af29:g:1LMAAOSwnw9aKyn5&vxp=mtr

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump...

Anyone replaced or repaired this piece? I'd hate to buy another piece for $80ish dollars if it takes 20 cents to fix. I may try some clips first...but would hate for those to fly off and hit someones car behind me.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bump...

Anyone replaced or repaired this piece? I'd hate to buy another piece for $80ish dollars if it takes 20 cents to fix. I may try some clips first...but would hate for those to fly off and hit someones car behind me.
I had the issue on mine after the Windshield was replaced. The issue was with the Clip strip that the trim connects to. The Windshield company had to replace that strip.. (No charge to me, since they messed it up.) That involved drilling out pop rivets, and pop-riveting the new strip in.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh dang. Pop rivets? I'm not too handy....ill see if I can find a tutorial and see if I can do this. If not I'll have to send it in somewhere. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts