Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've had a problem with my front two windows squeaking when they were going up or going down for a few months now as it's gotten hotter here in jersey it's gotten worse and worse so today i was pretty bored so i decided to try and fix it and to my surprise i was able to get rid of that annoying squeak. At 1st my uncle told me to put some baby powder in where the window meets the weather strip on the top of the door to try and get rid of the moisture, he said in his old cars he use to do it and it worked for him so i tried it to no luck so then i looked online and it said to spray some WD-40 on the weather strip and to no success just a mess all over the window so then i decided to take off the door panel i then took out the speakers and i found these 2 rollers that make the window go up and down you have to peek in thru the speaker to get too them with the can of WD-40 so with the windows up i sprayed some wd40 on them and wala!!! squeak is gone apparently the squeak was traveling up and making it sound like the squeak was coming from the top of the door near the weather strip but it was really coming from the bottom from those roller type things maybe if someone else has the same problem and is out of warranty like me this will help them...Total cost for this repair 4.80 for a can of WD-40 with the straw that is stuck on the can permanently and about 3 hours of messing with it to figure out where the squeak was coming from then about a roll of paper towel to clean up the first 2 fix attempts but well worth it for the squeak to be gone!!

·
Registered
17,548 Posts
WD-40 is not a lubricant...

Use some MOBIL 1 synthetic grease on the pulley' center pin and on the pulley at the motor full of cable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same squeak, it happens both on its way up and down. These are the driver and rear right passenger windows. I have had these windows tinted. However, the squeak was there before the tinting was done.. maybe Hyundai might cover it?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car is out of warranty so i had to take it into my own hands my front windows are tinted too its worth a shot to get them warrantied if they say no then you really dont loose anything on the wd40 can it says stops squeeks and it did just that if the squeek returns ill try the mobil 1 grease

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.