Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Any Help Would Appreciated. Sorry About The CaPS. Its A Phone Issue. When Rolling Either Of The Front Windows Down For The First Time Of The Day, It Sounds Like The Window Glass Is "Sticking" To The Weatherstripping When Rolled Down. Hence The Cracking Sound,I Can Only Assume Something Is Loosening Up In The Door. I Did A Search But Must Not Be Asking The Right Questions. PS Any Further Posts By Me Will Not Be On This Phone!

·
Banned
998 Posts
Sorry About The CaPS. Its A Phone Issue. ........PS Any Further Posts By Me Will Not Be On This Phone!
:00000732: Just a question: Why Do You Capitalize Every Word?
Answer Is Above. :D

It Sounds Like The Window Glass Is "Sticking" To The Weatherstripping When Rolled Down. Hence The Cracking Sound,I Can Only Assume Something Is Loosening Up In The Door.
Mine do that too. And not only front, but all of them. The worst is when was raining or on a hot day. I could not figure that out yet. I will be seeing a dealer soon and will inquire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully this is better! I don't know why my htc evo lte capitalized every word. I did everything I could think of, but I was hoping someone else had a solution to the window "sticking" issue on my 08 elantra.
I'm going to take the interior door panel off of the drivers side door in a few days and take a look. I'll check for any nuts or bolts being loose as well as lube everything applicable and ill be sure to post a conclusion. Thanks, Tom

·
6,836 Posts
That's funny, Tom. Do you have Sprint, perchance? Reason I ask is because I work for their customer care and do a range of different things, one which is troubleshooting phones (or at least what you can do over the phone.) I had this ridiculous call today where a lady demandingly suggested I fix her non-working phone mic over the call from a different cellphone. I suggested she go to a store. No amount of updates will fix a physical issue like that. But I digress.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hopefully this is better! I don't know why my htc evo lte capitalized every word. I did everything I could think of, but I was hoping someone else had a solution to the window "sticking" issue on my 08 elantra.
I'm going to take the interior door panel off of the drivers side door in a few days and take a look. I'll check for any nuts or bolts being loose as well as lube everything applicable and ill be sure to post a conclusion. Thanks, Tom
I have an '08 as well that does the same thing. Mine only does it if I haven't rolled down the drivers window in awhile. None of the others make that noise, however I haven't had an adverse effects from it so I generally ignore it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed, it first started happening to the ds window now it happens to the ps. Also, as you had stated it happens more predominantly to the infrequency of rolling down the windows. I am just trying to isolate why? I had a theory of my climate (Vegas) and the softer weatherstripping playing a part, though it still might. I think that due to the weatherstripping, it's sticking and has now loosened up something in the window framework. I plan on inspecting and luring. I'll let you know

·
Registered
2020 Elantra SEL
89 Posts
I have a 2010 with same noise but only from the drivers side window. Seems to only happen if I haven't rolled it down for a few days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2010 Elantra - My drivers side window does the same thing - has done it since I bought the car in 2010. It hasn't caused any issue yet - sounds like it is hitting the door frame when rolling the window down. When you gently press outward on the window while rolling it down, it doesn't make the sound so bad. Not really concerned about it though. Have you taken it to the dealer yet?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I believe I had similar issue (09 Elantra). It got resolved during one of my service visits at the dealership - I haven't even reported it as an issue, it wasn't too bad and I haven't figured out the conditions on how to repeat it, but they must have noticed. If I remember correctly, they said they have lubed inner parts of the door/window. Hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just to add to the number of folks with the same issue, my drivers side windows on my 2010 Elantra made the same noise since it was new. I too took it to the dealer and of course it couldn't be replicated. After three years and 85,000 miles, I don't worry about it anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
mine does it also, it is not one of those sounds that is easy to ignore and believe that something bad is not looming.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you have a BMW car dealership near you, stop by parts and ask if they have any Gummi Pflege. The BMW stuff used to come in a green toothpaste style tube. I used to work at a BMW-VW-MINI dealer and we always has it.

It's the greatest stuff ever to protect rubber weatherstrip and prevent the sticking you refer to. Often the rubber will stick to glass, etc. For instance, the VWs used to have an issue where the rubber would stick to the door in winter and tear the seal. Gummi Pflege to the rescue.

Alternately, you can get it at Amazon it looks like.

It isn't the greatest thing known to man, but it's probably in the top 5.

einszett 914806 'Gummi Pflege Stift' Rubber Care Stick - 3.4 fl. oz : Amazon.com : Automotive

1 - 16 of 16 Posts