Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I caught a rock with the front windshield of my 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.4L FWD. When I got a replacement window quote, I was asked if I had the front windshield deicer option. I didn't know, so they checked and the answer is "no" - based on a visual inspection of the window (no heater wires). When they priced the replacement window, it turns out the deicer-wired window is less expensive (here in Quebec, where we now live) than the regular window. The installer said he could just cut the wire to save me the difference. MY QUESTION: Is the internal wiring for the deicer already in place in the car? If so, does this mean they could just connect the window deicer wire to the car (and thus give me the deicer feature)? Thanks in advance for any answer!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the record, the installers said the socket was in place on the car. They plugged in the window heater strip. I haven't tried it yet, but will (at some point) and post the results.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the record, the windshield was replaced, the windshield heater cable was inserted into the socket, and (drum roll, please)...the window wiper heater works!! Consider replacing an old or cracked windshield with a heated version and get a “free” option (not totally free, as there may be a price difference on the windshield option, but in Quebec, the heated version was actually less expensive and in stock). Drive safely!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts