Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Accent with 70k. Firestone quoted $950 to replace both front wheel bearings. What is a reasonable price to have this done?

I have some tools (Torque wrench, 1/2" drive breaker bar, 3/8" drive socket set) and could probably do most of it myself with a couple purchases or loaner tools. Saw some videos for general wheel hub assembly replacement and doesn't seem too bad. I would feel much more comfortable with a video or step by step with pictures relative to this specific car

The wheel bearing thread for the previous model scared me a bit though. Does this make it seem harder than it is? Seems like I wouldn't be able to do the "press out" and "press in" part.

Any suggestions or links to useful threads or videos?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Rear wheel bearing is easy, you just need to replace wheel hub assembly. But for front bearings they are press in type, you have to press bearing and hub in one by one.

$950 is way too high, maybe you can get the same price from Hyundai dealer. I think $60 for a bearing and $140 labor for each side with 1 year warranty is reasonable

If you like to do yourself, you can remove the whole knuckle and bring to local shop and let them press out. Local NAPA in my place has this kind of survice, $25-50 labor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts