Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need to replace my front wheel bearings / hub assembly - A couple of questions.

#1. How easy would it be to just replace the bearings v's the entire hub assembly?

#2 What part numbers should I be looking for? (2007)- is REPK283703 correct for the front?
I've seen them for around $100.00 on JCWhitney (Assembly) or as cheap as $70. on amazon.....

thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi, I need to replace my front wheel bearings / hub assembly - A couple of questions.

#1. How easy would it be to just replace the bearings v's the entire hub assembly?

#2 What part numbers should I be looking for? (2007)- is REPK283703 correct for the front?
I've seen them for around $100.00 on JCWhitney (Assembly) or as cheap as $70. on amazon.....

thanks.
07 Entourage
Mileage=?????

If it's like any other front wheel drive car Remove wheel, hang brake caliper to side,. Undo the large nut which secures the hub (part that brake disc/wheel bolts to) disconnect C/V (drive axle)from spindle/hub on inboard side (C/V joint side) then you knock out the spindle inwards. Next step, drive "hub" onwards to separate it from bearing. After that you have bearing in front of you, remove large clirclip which holds it in, then knock out old bearing.

*Note: On some cars you may want to see if removing wheel center cap allows you to get a socket on the large nut that you have to remove to separate the hub from the bearing. Aleternatlivy BEFORE removing the caliper, crank the car up and have a assiatant hold the brakes while youb break the nut loose.

Note that before trying to loosen nut always use a chisel to knock back the part of the nut which was hammered into the slot-which keeps the nut from backing off over time. Note you only want to knock it back enough so it clears the threads as you will be hammering this back after nut it torqued.

Something like that.

Hard? Most of the time no.

Doing it that way (Not replacing entrie hub) you're have the cost of the bearing, vs the cost of the entire hub, and you don't mess with alignment or damage lower ball joint or rack tie rod end.

FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL (FREE) Direct from Hyundai)
https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com/index.asp

·
Registered
114 Posts
I thought the wheel bearings were covered under 10yr/100,000mile warranty?

What's your mileage?
5yr/60k miles= Most things -with exceptions:

Freon = 1 yr (Yes 1yr... they have alot of confidence in the A/C system, eh?)
Radio 3yrs
Paint /Cosmetic=3yr
Body rust out= 7 yrs
Wearable items= 1yr

Beyond 5yrs, 60k miles= to 10yr, 100k miles

"Selected Engine, Transmission /Trans-axle components... the fine print I read elsewhere being:
Internally lubricated engine, transmission parts.
*Might not include wearable items such as clutches.. YMMV

Oh, Since 2004 10/100 Warranty is not transferable.

Pulled direct from Hyundai 2014-01
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/assurance/america-best-warranty.aspx

10yr /100k miles:

Covers repair or replacement of powertrain components (i.e., selected engine and transmission/transaxle components), originally manufactured or installed by Hyundai that are defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance. Coverage applies to original owner only, effective with 2004 model year and newer model-year vehicles. On 1999-2003 model years, coverage applies to original owner and immediate family members (i.e., wife, husband, daughter, son, stepdaughter, stepson).

Second and/or subsequent owners have powertrain components coverage under the 5-Year/60,000-Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Excludes coverage for vehicles in commercial use (i.e., taxi, route delivery, delivery service, rental, etc.).

Covers repair or replacement of any component manufactured or originally installed by Hyundai that is defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance.
  • The following components are covered for time and mileage limits indicated:
  • Radio and audio systems (i.e., radio, compact disc player, DVD player, navigation system and Bluetooth®): 3 years/36,000 miles—Equus: 5 years/60,000 miles
  • Paint: 3 years/36,000 miles
  • Battery: 3 years/unlimited miles (100% covered 2 years/unlimited miles; after 2 years and within 3 years, 25% cost of battery and 100% labor cost covered)
  • Air conditioner refrigerant charge: 1 year/unlimited miles
  • Adjustments: 1 year/12,000 miles
  • Wear items: 1 year/12,000 miles (e.g., belts, brake pads and linings, clutch linings, filters, wiper blades, bulbs and fuses)

Covers 7 years/unlimited miles starting with 2005 model year (previously 5 years/100,000 miles for 2004 and prior model years).

Covers perforation (rust hole through the body panel from inside to outside) corrosion of original Hyundai body sheet metal due to defects in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance.

Excludes surface corrosion.

Effective from the date the vehicle is delivered to the first retail buyer, or otherwise put into service (in-service date), whichever is earlier.
  • TIPS FOR CALLING
    When you call 1-800-243-7766 for Roadside Assistance, please provide the following:
  • Your Name
  • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) - located on the driver's side dashboard
  • Vehicle Mileage
  • Vehicle Location
  • Description of Your Vehicle's Problem

Covers repair or replacement of any Hyundai Genuine Replacement Parts or Accessories supplied by Hyundai that are defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance.

Genuine Hyundai Parts or Accessories supplied by Hyundai and purchased from an authorized Hyundai dealer, but not installed by an authorized Hyundai dealer, are covered for 12 months/unlimited miles.

Accessories installed on a vehicle at the time of, or prior to, the vehicle's date of first use are covered under the 5-Year/60,000-Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Accessories installed after the vehicle's date of first use are covered for 12 months/12,000 miles.

Applies to vehicles manufactured to California specifications, which are distributed by Hyundai Motor America and registered in the states of California, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont or Washington.

Covers repair or replacement of specific original Hyundai emissions components (specific covered emissions components vary by model).

California Emission Control Systems Warranty is in addition to Federal Emission Defect and Performance Warranty. Other California Emission Control Systems Warranty emission warranty parts are covered under the 5-Year/60,000-Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Covers repair or replacement of the following original Hyundai major emissions control components, should they cause the vehicle to fail to conform to an applicable EPA-approved inspection/maintenance program:
  • Catalytic Converter
  • Engine Control Module
  • Onboard Emissions Diagnostic Device (OBD-II)
Other EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) emissions warranty parts are covered under the 5-Year/60,000-Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Our dedication and commitment to building vehicles of the highest quality knows no bounds. So, America’s Best Warranty is included on every new Hyundai hybrid vehicle. This chart below shows an overview of the warranty coverage.

See the sections above or the Owner's Handbook for additional details on Hyundai’s hybrid vehicle warranty coverage. *The Lifetime Hybrid Battery Warranty applies to all U.S. 2012 and 2013 model-year Sonata Hybrids. The Lifetime Hybrid Battery Warranty ensures that if the lithium polymer battery fails, Hyundai will replace the battery and cover recycling costs for the old battery free of charge to the original owner. The Lifetime Hybrid Battery Warranty does not apply to lease, commercial vehicles or vehicles serviced outside the U.S.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wheel bearings are covered for 10 yrs/100,000 for the original owner. 5 yrs/60,000 for subsequent owners.

Did you get these replaced yet? Did you check with your dealer?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts