Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 XG350 that needs the right front wheel bearing repaced. In looking on the internet for help l came across this forum. I could use some direction please, I am mechanically inclined but like to have a basic understanding of what I am doing. I would appreciate any guidance that can be provided.

·
Registered
17,570 Posts
Need press to properly install bearing to spindle, and then hub through bearing..

You cannot beat it back together, you'll damage new bearing with hammer impact.

Easiest to remove spindle from car, let dealer swap the bearing and snap ring as a set.

Search my user name and installing or pressing in bearing,, somewhere in here (Sonata most likely) I have pics posted of bearing install and hub install somewhere.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Just had this on my Y3 Sonata. I own a 20 ton press but the tricky part was to get the old bearing out (the press can't pull ...).
So I decided not to waste time and effort, potentially hurt myself, curse a lot etc. etc. welding a special puller and took the knuckles and new bearings to my local dealer I have a good relationship with and they did them out'n in plus new rings (the ones that came with the bearings were too small) for 20€/25$ cash hand to hand.

Needless to say that you need some bigger tools to get e.g. the driveshaft out first.
The XG is easier since the lower ball joint is attached with screws and no violence with a split fork is needed to remove the steering knuckle from the car.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.