Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I remember reading that someone put a strut bar from a 1G Eclipse on their Sonata. Thought I give it a shot since it was only $18 on eBay :D Well it fits... sort of. It needs some modding. I had to dremel the one of the holes on each bracket to make it wider so it would fit correctly and I used three washers to clear that lip where the strut comes up. Took off the engine cover (its going to rub with it on) and the upper brace to hold the engine cover. Fits nicely and clears the engine! Didn't feel much improvement in handling... if there were any, I think its too small of a difference to really take notice... at least for me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
racer: do you know the length of the bar? i would like to try it my 06 4 banger.does it make a difference in the handling?
thanks

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (skycomag @ Jun 4 2010, 06:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329525
racer: do you know the length of the bar? i would like to try it my 06 4 banger.does it make a difference in the handling?
thanks
about 30 inches... it should fit the 4cyl just fine. I didn't notice too much of a difference in handling... others have.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i used some strut rings off an azera to give it some more clearance for the engine cover but ended up taking it off anyway so i spent an extra $12 on the silly rings. its more for styling, i havent felt any diff.

ricer ur the one who bought the NSPP right? if so have u seen the recent threads over on gencoupe?

·
Registered
6 Posts
our 2010 sonata has a lot of creaking around the dash area. some say the strut bar will fix that. dunno. the creaking is def. from the car flexing so it might. they sell it on sharkracing for 90, dunno if i want to invest that much into a simple bar. couldnt' really find one on ebay either.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i think the cracking sound will go away over time or ul get over it. i was bugged out by mine for the first few months but it finaly stopped

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (alfu @ Jun 4 2010, 09:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329823
i used some strut rings off an azera to give it some more clearance for the engine cover but ended up taking it off anyway so i spent an extra $12 on the silly rings. its more for styling, i havent felt any diff.

ricer ur the one who bought the NSPP right? if so have u seen the recent threads over on gencoupe?
Yeah, I still have it in mine... nothing much over there, other than ppl selling them for $100-$200. I used their software to "tune" it for a more aggressive afr, but the ecu seems to compensate for it over time. I just take it off for a few miles before changing my oil. Then put it back on a few miles after.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
QUOTE (riceR @ Jun 5 2010, 02:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329882
Yeah, I still have it in mine... nothing much over there, other than ppl selling them for $100-$200. I used their software to "tune" it for a more aggressive afr, but the ecu seems to compensate for it over time. I just take it off for a few miles before changing my oil. Then put it back on a few miles after.
do u recomend i buy one if i can find it for $100ish?
if so would be willing to help me out with the tunning?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (alfu @ Jun 5 2010, 07:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329927
do u recomend i buy one if i can find it for $100ish?
if so would be willing to help me out with the tunning?
If you can get one for that price then why not? Supposedly with the base tune the afr goes down to high 10s, almost 11. Not too sure though, I read it through pcmscan. I haven't tested the new tune on pcmscan yet.

Tuning it isn't that hard... you'll need a serial to usb cable. I can send you some files that you can upload to the nspp.

·
Registered
328 Posts
dude im so down on the NSPP ive been lurking on Gen Coupe just like you and I am very familiar with tuning all kinds of cars...........where can i get the NSPP for cheap? i thought they were like 350 bucks........100 is a good price!!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
QUOTE (zsonata @ Jun 5 2010, 09:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329930
dude im so down on the NSPP ive been lurking on Gen Coupe just like you and I am very familiar with tuning all kinds of cars...........where can i get the NSPP for cheap? i thought they were like 350 bucks........100 is a good price!!
if u read recent post on the gencoupe forums ul see that 99% of nspp buyers are now sellers. everyone is disapointed with the gains.

ricer: should i buy the a/f controller?

·
Registered
328 Posts
ok i see them now and i see your sig over on gen coupe what is this r u holding back on us lol...................800cc Oil Catch Can Tank
take a pic of it does it help any with the oil? actually i do remember seeing a chrome catch can, update how is it doing, r you getting less oil in the intake?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
QUOTE (zsonata @ Jun 5 2010, 10:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329941
ok i see them now and i see your sig over on gen coupe what is this r u holding back on us lol...................800cc Oil Catch Can Tank
take a pic of it does it help any with the oil? actually i do remember seeing a chrome catch can, update how is it doing, r you getting less oil in the intake?
i ended up taking it out and just capping off the pcv valve on the TB and and putting a breather filter, then i took off the filter and extended the hose down and just left it dumping, and now im just running it OEM. since i didnt notice any gains i returned it to stock.

after a week with the breather filter i noticed it was extremely sticky and oily smelled kinda like 2 stroke mix and took it off bcus i knew it wud eventually clog. IMO not worth tinkering around and getting ur hands dirty for ZERO gains

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (alfu @ Jun 5 2010, 09:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329939
if u read recent post on the gencoupe forums ul see that 99% of nspp buyers are now sellers. everyone is disapointed with the gains.

ricer: should i buy the a/f controller?
yeah, I was actually thinking about that one as well... no one is really selling that one and chico1313 seems set on selling it as a package. I'm curious to see how well it does in a 06-08...

·
Registered
328 Posts
please ricer and alfu find the nspp and any other accessories im willing to a pay a good amount and i will tune it to its max capability. i looked on gencoupe and really did not see anything, besides we want to see how it does on an 06-08 right?! just let me know

·
Registered
447 Posts
I understand this to be an older posting however, riceR, interested in knowing if the intake in the following link is one that you fabricated or purchased;
IMG:http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac83/1rice_R/DSC04470.jpg
Also, I've been interested in locating a one piece steel non adjustable strut tower bar. I purchased the following from Ultra Racing;
http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Bars.asp?ID=3250
however, will not fit 06 - 2010 sonata equipped with 3.3 V6, only 2.4. I've contacted company regarding this. Unfortunately, the Sonata is not offered with the 3.3 in Maylasia and were not able to test fit in vehicle with 3.3. They're in the process of updating website with this information. I've been in contact with Ultra Racing since and they've expressd interest in producing a quality steel one piece nonadjustable strut bar for the Sonata with 3.3! Will follow up and post as more information becomes available.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
QUOTE (HSpeed @ Feb 23 2011, 05:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=406146
I understand this to be an older posting however, riceR, interested in knowing if the intake in the following link is one that you fabricated or purchased;
IMG:http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac83/1rice_R/DSC04470.jpg
Also, I've been interested in locating a one piece steel non adjustable strut tower bar. I purchased the following from Ultra Racing;
http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Bars.asp?ID=3250
however, will not fit 06 - 2010 sonata equipped with 3.3 V6, only 2.4. I've contacted company regarding this. Unfortunately, the Sonata is not offered with the 3.3 in Maylasia and were not able to test fit in vehicle with 3.3. They're in the process of updating website with this information. I've been in contact with Ultra Racing since and they've expressd interest in producing a quality steel one piece nonadjustable strut bar for the Sonata with 3.3! Will follow up and post as more information becomes available.
their are some DIY mods including CAI on my sig link

1 - 20 of 103 Posts