Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

I ordered a pair of 1157 LEDs for my front parking/turn signals, under the impression that the relay boxes for my rear turn signals could double for both front and rear. As it turns out, they can't. :dry:

Herein lies my problem; the Elantra has no mechanical relays so the flash rate is controlled by the master computer and there are virtually no exposed wires on which to attach a resistor. I know that a couple here have done LED front turn signals and I refuse to live with the fast flash as it looks ricey from the outside and is annoying inside.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Okay here's the part you won't like.

-Don't take my word for cake, it's more like moldy bread-

I had the same idea when I was going to put in resistors once I got my LED's for my front turns. I still havn't but I've only come to one conclusion that I keep denying.

You have to splice it into the factory harness...

There is a wire, I remember on the HMA website there is a diagram that tells you what wire is what in reference to where the cable is on the connector head.
I've just settled and going to wait for my retrofit and have it attached to the housing if I can or something and not touch factory. Just like when I hooked my reflector LED's up, i spliced my tails right next to the connector, not factory harness.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I figured that would be the case. I won't cut the wires but I can splice it and then wrap it in electrical tape.

Edit: Do you know which wire it is? I can ground it to the chassis.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
From this diagram:
https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com/dat...TM-Images/HY-UD13-IMAGES-ENG/emdcv138004n.swf

Connector I/P-E of the smart junction box (fuses) in the driver compartment, pin 16 (Red/Orange) is left turn, pin 25 (Blue/Orange) is right turn.

The same Red/Orange and Blue/Orange wires are going to the headlamp connectors.
Ground for turn signals is pin 5 (black wire). Pin 6 ground is for low beams only.
https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com/dat...TM-Images/HY-UD13-IMAGES-ENG/emdcv132002n.swf

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, Turbo! That's exactly what this visual learner needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts