Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m a car guy who reads four car magazines a month and have owned 12 new cars as an adult so I’m not someone who is unfamiliar with cars and car problems. My wife has a 2010 Santa Fe with AWD and 40,000 miles on it, and my daughter has a 2008 AWD with 38,000. I don’t drive my wife’s car much but after taking it on a trip I noticed that the front wheels/tires seemed louder than normal, exactly like a bad wheel bearing or when you are running snow tires. I had the tires balanced and inspected and took the car to the dealer sure that there was a front wheel bearing going out but they said it was fine. A week later I was driving my daughter’s 2008, same noise. Tires on both cars are fairly new and don’t appear to have any problems. So, is this common to these cars and considered normal? Your input is appreciated.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
On the 2008, did the noise start immediately after a tire rotation, or do you have any way of knowing? Did your daughter comment on it?

That said, these aren't the quietest cars around when it comes to road noise, especially with tires that exacerbate it.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
What brand of tires are you running?

When I swapped Michelin XCs (same as LTX) onto my 'Fe there was a quiet but noticeable roar just like snow tires. Some tread patterns are just like that, and with the Santa Fe's quiet interior it's all the more noticeable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts