Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience installing something like this on our cars?
(I say 'something like this', because there are different brands, designs, etc...)

importshark.com

I'm considering buying this soon to reduce the roll on the car in cornering... not like i'm racing or anything, but I do notice a little bit of roll in the front that I want to negate with this. Also, the coil overs will help I'm sure...

Anyway, I do recall reading somewhere that this may interfere with a plastic shroud in the engine bay that may need to be trimmed... just thought I'd post and see who bites! :D

·
Registered
639 Posts
That (picture in link) is not an anti-sway bar. It will have no effect on body roll.

It connects the 2 strut towers and stiffens the chassis and goes across the top of the engine.

I have front and rear ones in my Datsun 240Z, and our Sentra came with one from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
That wont affect body roll. It will increase frame stiffness, which will make the car handle better for sure. Yes the plastic cover under the wipers will need to be removed. Pretty simple removal though. Wipers will need to come off as well, also pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That will stiffen the front of the car, but not significantly affect body roll, right???
It will improve some body roll. but not all. It basically redistributes some energy from one side of the car to the other in cornering.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That wont affect body roll. It will increase frame stiffness, which will make the car handle better for sure. Yes the plastic cover under the wipers will need to be removed. Pretty simple removal though. Wipers will need to come off as well, also pretty easy.
Hmm. Thanks dude. I thought I recall someone mentioning that.
so this basically gets installed under the plastic housing for those parts?

I figure if I'm going to have to remove the wipers, I may as well swap out the wipers for the honda fit wiper assembly as well.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Most likely you will have to cut the plastic housing for the bar to fit. You may NOT have to if the bar sits forward enough on the mounts. You will have to remove the wipers to remove the plastic housing, so might as well do the fit mod now if it's in your plans :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
That seems like an aluminum POS.

If you want a strut brace get steel but it is twice the price:

Korean Auto Imports

This site is just for info as they are usually the most expensive. If you stiffen up the suspension its not needed unless racing.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Luxon ones are the way to go, solid will reduce flex even more.
I thought the middle image said Luxon. Maybe a knockoff??? Haven't looked into the strut braces as I bought one for another car and never used it. But that one ran across the middle of the engine compartment was was always in the way.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I thought the middle image said Luxon. Maybe a knockoff??? Haven't looked into the strut braces as I bought one for another car and never used it. But that one ran across the middle of the engine compartment was was always in the way.:rolleyes:
It looks like a authentic luxon bar. Yup most do run across the middle of the engine, in the E the struts seem more towards the rear of the engine. I dont like to have to cut the plastic shroud just to install a strut bar though :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
BoyDrone
Heads up - If you decide to pull the trigger on that importshark one, and if it's anything like the Kspec strut, you may have to relocate your cruise control module.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BoyDrone
Heads up - If you decide to pull the trigger on that importshark one, and if it's anything like the Kspec strut, you may have to relocate your cruise control module.
Thanks for the heads up on that!
I keep forgetting about all these details.

I'm now thinking to do coil covers first and see if it improves...so much cutting and improvising to do to get this in, and a good quality one is $150... I was hoping to spend around $100 on something like this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts