Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have the 2013 Accent with nasty knocking noises from the front. Have the same thing with my 2009. I opened the hood yesterday to fill the washer fluid and noticed I have a gap between the insulator dust cap, body or frame and strut insulator. I can almost poke a pencil through the gap. Any ideas? I am to think this is not normal. I have about 16000 kms on the car. Feedback please. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just checked our 2012 Accent and it has same gap on both sides. No noises from suspension, so I feel safe in saying that is not source of your noise.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey your from Montreal? Well, just avoid the potholes :) it will help! Joking! I just take a look on mine too, and like Past Racer, i got the same gap on both sides. Your car is still under waranty, just go to the dealership!

And also, why is there so much rust in here?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Because he is in Canada. Note the excessive build up of salt/sand in the photos. Not sure it's avoidable in certain climates.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went to the dealership a few weeks ago and the techs told me I need to replace my shock isolators. Theres no gap like the OP's so im just thinking they're trying to rip me off. I took it to a trusted shop and they told me it was fine and no need to be alarmed. As for the knocking sound, it may be coming from inside the dash?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
69 Posts
"Upgraded Part"

I have exactly the same problem. I went to the dealership and they replaced one of the shock mounts and told me to wait until the other one is available on their shop. A week passed and I called them to check status and they told me that there is an updated part to correct that problem and they recommended me to wait until the new upgraded part arrives. That was 2 weeks ago. I will be calling them today to check again.

Also I did a test, I raised the car on jack stands and started moving the wheel side to side and was OK but when I moved it grabbing the top and bottom of the tire the entire wheel and shock was moving in and out. I was like What! and then went to the dealership.

Try that test and let us know. I might make a video showing the wiggle.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Upgraded part

I went to the dealership and they told me that there is a repair campaign for that defect. The new upgraded parts are coming on Monday and I plan to leave the car next Monday morning on the dealer for the repair. Will let you know if I notice any visual change on the part...

·
Registered
313 Posts
That would be good. My Accent makes an almighty thump when going over fairly minor bumps. The thump is when the front suspension is coming off the bump.

I mentioned this to the useless service manager at the dealer at the first service. As always with any complaint his answer was " They all do that ".

Will be waiting to hear from you about an upgrade, but suspect it will take forever to be applied Down Under

The i30 does not seem to suffer from this suspension weakness.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mine is super clunky in the front, I keep thinking something is loose or falling off but I can never find anything. Hopefully it can be fixed

·
Registered
226 Posts
Is this an issue that affects all models/years of RB Accents? Does anyone know of a service bulletin - there must be one if there is an "upgraded part" right?
thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well, I finally went to the dealership and they replaced a bolt nut that holds the parts together on both wheels, that is what they told me. The rubberized ring that was loose now is where it should be. I am not hearing any bumping noises for now. But when I move the steering wheel it sounds like there is something grinding on the passenger side wheel. I will give it some days for it to settle and if the sound continues I will go to the dealership again.

I don't know if there is a recall, I saw on the service invoice that is a "PR" job, don't know what that means...

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
my noise not stopping after change it. I need do more investigation

·
Registered
648 Posts
no, is when I put 1 and release the clutch complete, and do acceleration, sound "clac clac"

·
Registered
69 Posts
no, is when I put 1 and release the clutch complete, and do acceleration, sound "clac clac"
I think I had the same sound and when I went to the dealership the found that the big nut that holds the axle was loose and made a sound. They tightened to spec and problem solved. Maybe you should check the torque on that nut.

·
Registered
648 Posts
yeah, thanks I will check this tomorrow

·
Registered
176 Posts
So apparently it is normal for the shock tower to have movment . Im having a wheel bearing replaced and the first qurstion they asked was if my wheel was wobbly or if it was the strut towert itself , then if it was the strut towet thats normal to have it wobble around

·
Registered
69 Posts
So apparently it is normal for the shock tower to have movment . Im having a wheel bearing replaced and the first qurstion they asked was if my wheel was wobbly or if it was the strut towert itself , then if it was the strut towet thats normal to have it wobble around
I don't think that the strut should be wobbling around. My wife's accent is one year newer than mine and the strut has no movement at all.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't think that the strut should be wobbling around. My wife's accent is one year newer than mine and the strut has no movement at all.
Yeah its not supposed to have any movement , they told me its normal if it does though. Possible Design flaw?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts