Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

it is a general user opinion that shock absorbers mounted in the Terracan (specially in the front axle) are very very soft. It can be dangerous in the road and very annoying in the off-road.

I had changed the original ones (mando) for the Koni ones. Now, the difference is so substancial (in road and off-road) that I almost have forgotten my former car: a Mitsubishi Montero/Pajero.

It seems that the new model (currently sold) does not solve this design problem.

Bye

·
Registered
422 Posts
You are correct.

The Bound for the shock absorbers are set way to soft.
They set it this way for driver comfortabilty, but overlooked handling, braking and tyre duration.

Keep in mind that they do run a torsion bar front end and they are rather hopeless!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The model available in Australia has a locally made suspension upgrade which in includes new progressively wound springs on the back, 4 new eidelbrock shock absorbers all around and new bump stops on the rear. They did not touch the front torsion bars. The difference is a vast improvement however it is still a little wayward in the front. One of the local aftermarket suspension companies is about to release new stronger torsion bars for the Terracan, will be interesting to see what difference that makes. It is called the "Trek & Tow" kit, have a look at the Australian Hyundai site.
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts