Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've been looking all over this site and I've gotten a lot of great help with pulling out the factory stereo and pulling off the door panels, but everyone keeps mentioning how they pulled up the carpet to run their wires. I've been trying to figure out how to get all the interior panels off but I'm obviously missing something as I haven't gotten anything past the hatch taken off. I wanted to take the driver's seat out so I can put the amp under the seat and wire it in properly.

I'd appreciate any help!!
Matt

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Don't run the wires under the center console. Remove the door sill trim and route them with the wiring harness there. The front seat is removed with the four bolts on each corner and disconnecting one or two plugs. Remove the headrest and fold the seat to take it out of the car. Be careful not to damage the paint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But I hear all the time how the power wire shouldn't be ran alongside the speaker wire??? And for the seats, do I need to worry at all about the airbags being unplugged?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Run the power on one side and the speaker on the other side of the car. Airbag will be fine. Just don't start the car until you've reinstalled the seat or you'll get an airbag light.

·
1,565 Posts
Listen to burnit, good advice. I lifted my center console to run wires and now my PRN2L lights go off intermittently, plus, your shifter's there, no need to put wires near all that moving mechanical junk.

·
Registered
348 Posts
QUOTE (JMatt3685 @ Apr 19 2010, 07:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314714
Hey everyone,

I've been looking all over this site and I've gotten a lot of great help with pulling out the factory stereo and pulling off the door panels, but everyone keeps mentioning how they pulled up the carpet to run their wires. I've been trying to figure out how to get all the interior panels off but I'm obviously missing something as I haven't gotten anything past the hatch taken off. I wanted to take the driver's seat out so I can put the amp under the seat and wire it in properly.

I'd appreciate any help!!
Matt
Hey how did the install go?
Im currently fatmatting the interior and going to run 0ga on the left and my speaker wiring on the passenger side.
and looking to place my interior speaker amp under the driver or passenger seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts