Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I would like to fit a thin black plastic spoiler/lip to the front bumper bottom. I'm not too keen on these universal rubberish stick on lip and would prefer a solid stiff plastic item but there are hardly any options (added to this I am in South Africa Cape Town which is even worst).

I know I could go for an option from another car/brand but would just like some feedback if anyone went this route already and could give me some ideas to look at? Here are examples of what I am talking about...

Thanks!

Attachments

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Hi All,

I would like to fit a thin black plastic spoiler/lip to the front bumper bottom. I'm not too keen on these universal rubberish stick on lip and would prefer a solid stiff plastic item but there are hardly any options (added to this I am in South Africa Cape Town which is even worst).

I know I could go for an option from another car/brand but would just like some feedback if anyone went this route already and could give me some ideas to look at? Here are examples of what I am talking about...

Thanks!
Get you a GT-Speed
06-07 Impreza WRX STI S204 Front Bumper Lip Pu Urethane like I did from Amazon . $48 bucks ans fits nicely with virtually no mods.
I'd post a picture of it on my car but needs to be resized because this forum won't allow large files.
Easy to install and looks sweet and solid on the factory bumper.
Good luck.

Registered
Here are the pics.
Seems nobody really has an interest to modify their Accents.
Anyway good luck with it and hope this helps. ?

Registered
that looks sexy. pretty much i got every thing except for a front lip, would you please send me a link of the exact same lip u got !?

Registered
Amazon part number: ASIN: B006KX71JO

Manufacturers part number: SUIP06FLS-CS1

About this item
Features
Fit: 06-07 Impreza WRX
Style: CS1
Material: Poly-Urethane (PU)
Hardware: Included
3M Double Sided Tape is REQUIRED for Installation (Not Included

I didn't need the tape for the install. I used the hardware (screws) and existing screws holding the factory lip which had to be removed before the lip install.

Hope this helps. ?

Registered
Could you find anything that fits and how did it turn out ?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hyundai
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Motor vehicle

This is what I posted a few posts up.
It's made of polypropylene and firm enough to not give to the wind speed but flexible enough not to break.
I bought this from Amazon and although not the easiest to install, because it has to be screwed onto your existing bumper cover for a solid factory type fit.

Stick on lips are easy but you'll be replacing it because they're not made to last.

Good luck. ?

Registered
I have a 2017 Hyundai Accent SE sedan, do you think the
鈥淕T-Speed
06-07 Impreza WRX STI S204 Front Bumper Lip Pu Urethane鈥 would fit my car, and if so do you have any tips for installation. Thanks

Registered
I have a 2017 Hyundai Accent SE sedan, do you think the
鈥淕T-Speed
06-07 Impreza WRX STI S204 Front Bumper Lip Pu Urethane鈥 would fit my car, and if so do you have any tips for installation. Thanks
Any pictures of your front end?
Hard to say until we can see. ??

Registered
Oh I didn't know the 2017 was the same. ?
If the lip is the same as mine then it will fit.
Once you get the lip you'll have to raise the front of your car to get better access under the car.

Once done take the lip and play with the way it will fit so you'll have an idea of what you'll be doing.
Keep in mind to center the lip so the sides will be the same length and ready for cutting to length

There is a black spoiler attached to the bumper that will have to be removed permanently, so remove it

You will have to manipulate the lip a little bit to conform to the bumper shape and to is diameter but no other cutting needs to be done and it will fit.

Next thing you'll see are about 10 black Phillips head screws that you'll be using to mount your lip to the bumper. Some holes will line up and others you'll have to make work for the install and on mine I added a few extra screws to make the connection strong to the factory bumper.

Mark your ends of the lip and cut as needed.
When screwed down to the bumper you will have to manipulate the lip to fit the contours of your bumper. It's not hard and be patient, it will fit.

Last I installed 3 reinforcing metal strips that attach the lip/ bumper to the under car protector. There's 3 places to use and you can't miss them and would highly recommend you reinforce the bumper as this will take the looseness out and make it factory strong.

I had some pictures of what I'm describing but must have deleted them so can't show you how I did the reinforcing.
If I was home I'd take a few snaps but I won't be home for another 5 weeks. ?

At least I hope this helps and when done really looks good on the car and factory.
If you're not going to install this anytime soon and have time to wait I'll snap some pics and post them up for you to see what I'm talking about.

Good luck. ??

Registered
Oh I didn't know the 2017 was the same. ?
If the lip is the same as mine then it will fit.
Once you get the lip you'll have to raise the front of your car to get better access under the car.

Once done take the lip and play with the way it will fit so you'll have an idea of what you'll be doing.
Keep in mind to center the lip so the sides will be the same length and ready for cutting to length

There is a black spoiler attached to the bumper that will have to be removed permanently, so remove it

You will have to manipulate the lip a little bit to conform to the bumper shape and to is diameter but no other cutting needs to be done and it will fit.

Next thing you'll see are about 10 black Phillips head screws that you'll be using to mount your lip to the bumper. Some holes will line up and others you'll have to make work for the install and on mine I added a few extra screws to make the connection strong to the factory bumper.

Mark your ends of the lip and cut as needed.
When screwed down to the bumper you will have to manipulate the lip to fit the contours of your bumper. It's not hard and be patient, it will fit.

Last I installed 3 reinforcing metal strips that attach the lip/ bumper to the under car protector. There's 3 places to use and you can't miss them and would highly recommend you reinforce the bumper as this will take the looseness out and make it factory strong.

I had some pictures of what I'm describing but must have deleted them so can't show you how I did the reinforcing.
If I was home I'd take a few snaps but I won't be home for another 5 weeks. ?

At least I hope this helps and when done really looks good on the car and factory.
If you're not going to install this anytime soon and have time to wait I'll snap some pics and post them up for you to see what I'm talking about.

Good luck. ??
Thanks man... I鈥檓 probably not gonna be installing it right at this moment because I want to save enough funds to do a couple things to my car. Thanks for the tips though. I鈥檓 definitely gonna install the lip to the car. Makes it look much nicer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts